13 - Trust

A/N : Franco in a suit (Tom Welling)

-0-0-0-0-0-

I hurried back to where I left my best friend waiting and nothing could have prepared me for what I saw.

He was hugging someone.

I felt tears start to linger in my eyes. I don't know why but I felt like my heart was being torn into pieces when I saw her hugging and whispering to that girl's ears.

He suddenly pushed her away and I saw the girl was Francine.

I thought about everything that she said about me and I realized that Franco knew what I endured under her spiteful mouth. I started to banish the jealousy I was feeling.

When he turned around, I saw his expression and I understood. He was furious at her.

"Saphira." His voice sounded worried and his face morphed from anger to utmost concern.

"Come on. Let's leave this place. We're taking the Limo."

I walked ahead of him and he followed in a safe distance. I knew he doesn't want any attention and being with me at my party sure as hell will be a cause of a stir.

I got in the waiting sleek black limo and he hesitated.

"Come on in. I have something to show you and we can't walk there, especially not with these killer heels."

"Fine." He huffed before getting in.

I showed the address to the driver and then we went on our way.

"Do you want something to drink? Chocolates? You didn't even eat anything at the party."

"Nah. I'm all good."

I noticed that he wasn't comfortable so I scooted near him and took his hand then leaned on his shoulder.

"Please relax. You're with me and it's my birthday."

"I just am not used to riding a limo. And technically your birthday was last week."

I just sighed and closed my eyes. The whiff of his scent gently calmed my senses and I didn't realize I was slowly drifting to dreamland.

Franco's POV

I felt jittery riding a limo with her, but I know I can't disappoint her. Adding salt to injury, she took my hand and leaned into me.

God, her scent was overwhelmingly stimulating. It was like my whole body went on overdrive. But this is my best friend and I need to keep reminding myself that.

Franco, she's Saphira. Your bestfriend.

I was still contemplating with myself when I noticed her hand's grip started to loosen.

She must have been so tired. I adjusted my position, removed my hand from her grasp and draped my left arm on her shoulder so her head rests more comfortably in my chest. Resting my chin on top of her head, I punished myself by inhaling her vanilla scent.

Right then, I realized I was in too deep. I knew she's special to me when I first saw her, but now, I am sure I am starting to love her. But I have my priorities and I vowed to myself not to get distracted. I will persevere and wait for the right time when I am already worthy to be with her.

Earlier, when she saw me with Francine, I thought I saw tears and jealousy in her eyes. But I am glad that she still trusted me.

The car stopped in a restaurant that was already completed but not yet opened.