19 - Threat

Third Person's POV

I waited for her to arrive. I have been stalking her for a week now and I can't get over the fact that she ignored me when I tried to reach out to her. Nobody ignores me. Especially ones that I feel some strong connection with.

When I met her I felt something strange. She looked very desirable with her perfect body, gorgeous face and look of pure innocence. I knew I have to make a move. Sooner or later she has to give in to me.

One thing about her that I have learned and hated was her fixation with her friend. They were not acting like they were in a relationship but the way they looked at each other says otherwise.

Well, time for me to change that. I have several tricks on my sleeve and I am sure that with the right timing and planning, I will succeed. Soon, she will be mine.

Madeleine's POV

The moment Franco rejected me felt like a bull rammed me repeatedly leaving me bloodied and wounded. I know I lost my chance with him when I left him but I cannot just give up. Not now that I finally realized that nobody could ever love me the way he did. I may not have loved him but I want to try again.

If only I can get him away from that friend of his, I may be able to successfully remind him of the happy times we have shared during our one year together. I know I have to show him I've really changed for the better. As I walk at the school grounds, I saw Franco and his friend. Franco waited for her to arrive before going inside the school. This was their normal routine, but today I also noticed another person watching them. His intent stare at Saphira was very evident. It was like he was memorizing her features. Not even blinking, he looked at her with uncanny hunger in his eyes. The look of a predator waiting for its prey.

I had to find out his true intentions. Once I prove that my hunch is correct, I will have an ally and will ensure that my quest to retrieve Franco's astray heart will be fruitful. 

-0-0-0-0-0-

I have been receiving mysterious notes and gifts on my locker for the past 3 weeks. From cheesy notes saying "You light up my day.", "Your smile makes the bright sun seem dull." Or bold statements like "Will you be mine?" "Looking forward to spending time with you." "You look ravishing." Gifts such as chocolates and little stuffed animals. At first I thought it was from Franco but the hand writing says differently and whenever we were together he never mentioned anything.

It was fun at first but after two weeks, I was feeling conscious and creeped out. The mysterious admirer seemed to be watching my every move. He knew my routine and the perfect time to put the notes and gifts without me finding out who he was. I tried to catch him a few times but I ended up wasting my time.

Last week I told Franco about the gifts and he was concerned that I earned myself a stalker. From then on, during his free time he always ensure I was with him. Even during after school hours at 4 pm we always go to the café he was working. He will work his daily four hour shift during the days when my parents were out of town, which is most of the time, I will wait for him in a corner table of the café studying or browsing the net.

He grew protective of me whenever my guards were not around.  

"Saphira, make sure you do not go out of the school alone. Even on the school grounds you have to be careful. No loitering whenever I am not with you."

"Don't you think you are over acting here?"

"We have to be sure. We don't know his intentions."

"What if he just wants to be friends?"

"If he wanted that he could have approached you before and not stalking you like a psycho."

 "What if he's a she and not a he?"

"Well, the more we have to be careful, maybe she/he is one of your bullies."

"I hope this ends soon. I want to be able to act without feeling like I am being watched all the time."

"Well, technically, you were always watched since you have two bulky guards with you daily. Ouch! Why do you have to hit me every chance you get!"

"You're so witty for your own good, that's why!"

"Come on, I have to go to work. Are you coming there later?"

"Yes. I have to go home first to change and I forgot to bring my laptop."

"Okay I'll meet you later."

"Hey! Why don't I just give you a ride to work?"

"Nah. I prefer the bus. Later!"

"But . . . never mind."

Since he already ran towards the gate while I waited for my ride home.

"Hey. Saphira right?"

"Yeah. You remembered. Hi."

"I was wondering if you have free time today so we can have coffee?"

"Oh. Sorry, I was just about to go home. I have. . . some errands to run."

"Maybe next time?"

"I guess."

"Good. I'll just see you around!"

And then he left. I was at a loss for words why a popular, handsome and hunk guy like Rob will approach me. Maybe he was just bored.