27 - Nightmare

I had a dream. It felt so real. I was waiting for the elevator when someone grabbed me from the back and I passed out. It was a good thing I was awake now.

But looking around the room, I realized I was not in my hotel room. It was a room I do not recognize. Lavishly decorated but not my style. It was painted with peach colored paint with gold circular patterns and outlines as wall design. Looking at my right, I saw I was lying in a four poster bed with white and pink covers. A food tray was beside me with bacon, omelet and orange juice.

I slept the whole night or was I passed out the entire time? But where am I? Was I really kidnapped or is this just an awful joke?

Feeling thirsty all of sudden, I tried to stand up and realized that my left hand was handcuffed to the bedpost.

This is not a dream. This is a nightmare.

I looked out the window and see some semblance of light. I heard some cars outside. This place could still be in the city where I was attending the conference. Rob must have been very worried by now. Was he looking for me? What about Franco and my parents. Were they notified of my absence?

Thinking about all these things made me want to cry. But I had to remain strong. I will not show my captor that I am weak. I have to fight him no matter what.

I heard the door outside opened, my heart almost jumped out of my chest with fear but I tried to look calm and brave. Footsteps echoed as he approached the room I was in. Then the door opened and I was both pained and shocked about who entered the room. My suspicions were right. The stalker was with me all along. It was one of the persons I trusted the most. I thought he wanted me to be safe and secured.

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"But, I trusted you. . .I thought you were my friend."

"No you didn't treat me like one. You just used me."

"How can you say that I used you? You know I would never do that to anyone."

"You are so full of shit you know that! I am so tired of being just an "extra" in your life. I want to be with you so badly Saphira. But you never did look at me even once."

"Ro. . ."

"Stop! If I can't have you then no one will. I have invested so much time and effort in trying to be with you but you always ended up with another guy. How can you become such a flirt Saphira!"

"I don't understand what you're saying. Please stop this. I am sure someone is already looking for me."

"No one will look for you. I made sure of that. Now eat this food and don't even try to get out of this room. I will just fix something so we can go away and no one can ever come and take you away from me."

"Please let me go. Please if you really did care about me."

"Enough! I will do as I please and all you have to do is follow my orders or else you'll get hurt. I don't want to hurt you Saphira. I would never want to hurt you but you left me no choice."

-0-0-0-0-0-

Franco's POV

Franco was waiting anxiously at the airport, wondering why Saphira still have not showed up from her flight. He asked the airport security if her flight already landed and it was confirmed that almost an hour already passed. He had been waiting for almost two hours. He wanted to make sure that he was here when she arrived.

Neither did he see Rob, his replacement for the conference. Could it be that the conference was extended? What could have happened to them?

Franco knew the number at Saphira's mansion. Being a Billionaire's daughter and the only child of a senator would mean she has 24 hour security and will be kept safe, but there was a nagging feeling that something terrible might have happened to his best friend.

Thankfully, their butler Joe picked up the phone.

"Hello, Joe? This is Franco. I was wondering if Saphira's already there?"

"Mr. Franco. Her parents advised me that Ms. Saphira will be gone for another week until further notice. A very important event will be held in New York that will need her presence."

"What?! New York? But she still have school right?"

"It is not in our position to question her parents Mr. Franco. Anything else I may help you with?"

"Would you know where she would stay?"

"No Sir."

"Thank you Joe."

And the line went dead. All my dread is finally starting to materialize. Maybe her parents wanted her to be away from me? But why? This is not right. Something is not right. I have to go to San Francisco to find out.

Good thing I had a few cash with me and booked the earliest one way flight to San Francisco. I need to find you Saphira. I have to hear it from you directly. I know you will never do something rash like this without telling me.

Few scenarios crept into my mind while on the flight. Maybe she got tired of me? But we were fine before she went for the conference. Did she find out about Madeleine's kiss? But how? I will be the one to tell her that and we haven't talked since before she left. I was always busy and out and whenever she calls, I was either not available or my phone has no signal.

There's this feeling in my gut that my best friend is in trouble.

 Saphira, please be safe. I will look for you. Just wait for me and be safe. If anything bad happens to you, I will never forgive myself. I should have been there with you.

I have to find Rob. He can tell me where Saphira is. I am sure he has something to do with her disappearance. Madeleine told me that she approached Rob to connive with her to seduce me so he can have Saphira. I am not sure if he agreed or not but once I proved that he is behind this, I will not think twice about beating up his pretty face.