33 - Rage and Desires

Romano's POV

Taking care of Saphira was my lifelong desire even if she hated me. She is still hot with fever and I am concerned that she might have gotten an infection due to her head wounds. When we arrive at Morocco, I will take her to the hospital, but for now, we have to rest.

I was so tired that I slept right away but my military training helped me keep alert even in a state of rest. Having slept for only few hours, it is nearly 1 am and I heard something shuffle behind me.

"Romano. Put your gun away. It's me."

I will always recognize that voice.

"Trey?"

When I saw my comrade whom I treated as a brother, we hugged just like old times.

I felt relief and fear all at the same time. Relieved that it was him who found me but fear that he will take Saphira away from me.

Knowing Trey, he is always on the good side. He will never allow me to keep Saphira.

"Hellow brother. How have you been? You know why I am here right?"

"Trey. I can't give her back. She's all I have."

"That is not true. You have me. You always have me. You still have your family. Why did you keep us away?"

"The pain. It's too much. Remembering all the things from the past is too much for me. I need a new life. Saphira will be my new life."

"Romano. I know how much you have suffered, I was there, I was with you. Please help me save you from this. I know you want to be happy but you will never be happy when you use force and violence to achieve your desires."

"I tried. I tried to be good. To prove to her that I love her but she doesn't see me. Just like Carina she doesn't want me."

"Carina is not worthy of your love Romano. Even this Saphira. If she doesn't see the good person that you are, both of them are not worthy. So please, give up and start a new life. Perhaps there is someone more deserving than the two of them. "

"How can someone love a broken man like me?"

"Please brother, listen to me. You still have time. We can still fix this. I can still get you out from this mess. Just listen to me and follow my orders."

I almost listened to Trey, the one person I trust the most, I can trust him with my life. It pained to be away from him all these years but seeing him reminded me of all the pain from my past.

"No! I will not give Saphira up."

"This is your last warning Romano. You know I care for you but I will not let you ruin your life like this."

"Just stay away from this. I hate to point this thing to you but you left me no choice. Im sorry Trey."

I pointed the gun but I was not prepared for his speed. He was faster than he was before.

He blocked the gun and it feel to the floor. The hand to hand combat that ensued is like a scene from an action movie. We matched in skills but I lack in speed. He jabbed on my shoulders and I strike at his nose only to be blocked. I saw this as an opening and I was able to punch his ribs.

After almost 20 minutes of blocking and sparring and trying to jab each other's faces and kick each other, I was pinned to the ground by my best friend.

"You're still good Romano but out of practice. Now, behave while I arrange our ride out of here."

Hearing the click of his handcuffs sealed my fate.

"Franco. . ."

Hearing Saphira's voice renewed my rage and desires. I thought if I cannot be with Saphira then she should never be with anyone else.

While Trey was busy with his phone arranging the private plane to bring us to safety, I stealthily pulled the knife in my boots. It's a good thing I can throw daggers even if handcuffed.

I aimed at the love of my life.

If I can't have her. No one will.  

***

A/N: I had to set the next few chapters into Private to protect my copyright.

You can read the full story if you follow me. Thank you!

The next chapter is set to private.