Chapter Eight

Owen

God, why did I leave her the number? Why did I tell her I'd come?

Maybe Barker is right, this is a lot of work on my part. What am I going to do if the docs tell me she is going to get her memory back? Kill her? Better yet, what if they say she can't? Then how long do I keep pretending to care about her before I can dump her and move on? I'm no angel, but it's seems extra shitty to dump her with everything else she has going on.

What the hell am I even talking about? I'm not her real boyfriend, so I'm not really dumping her. This is too much to take on. I'm supposed to be distancing myself from the business, not further involving myself.

Fuck my life.

I roll off my couch and go to get dressed. I had planned on doing nothing all day, but now it seems I will be being the delivery boy for princess.

I threw on some jeans that didn't look too dirty, and an old grey sweatshirt. I don't know why I care but I went into the bathroom and combed through my hair a little and added a touch of cologne.

My phone started ringing in the living room and I jogged in to catch it before it went to voicemail.

Baily.

"Hey." I said casually.

I could hear the smile in her voice. "Hey Owen, how's it going?"

"Aight here, how about you?"

"Oh, I'm good." She laughed. "I was just wondering if you wanted to get together tonight. You know, catch up?"

I knew exactly what she meant. "Sure babe, 8 at my place?"

"Great!" she said. "I'll see you then."

I hung up the phone with a smile. The first part of my day may suck, but on the plus side I will have Baily's fine ass waiting for me tonight.

I shuffled through the place trying to remember everything Cassie had asked for. Honestly, I am surprised she didn't request I just bring the whole place to her. That would have been typical selfish Cassie.

I went upstairs and paused outside of the room that used to be Donovan's. Any shit she had would be in there. I haven't bothered going in or renting the room back out since he died. I wasn't being sentimental about it, I just hadn't had the time. I push the door open and go in.

The room is a wreck. There's a dresser that is so full, most of the drawers won't close all the way. The mattress that lays on the floor has blankets all in a mess on top of it. There are clothes and boxes everywhere. The majority is Cassie's junk she brought with her when she came to stay here.

I rifled through some things and grabbed a few pairs of pants that I could tell belong to her and a few shirts out of the closet. I looked over to the dresser again. I carefully opened the top drawer and saw it was stuffed with women's underwear, socks, and what looked to be pieces of lingerie.

I do not need to be seeing this.

I couldn't help though to look at a few pair as I picked them up and stuffed them in a bag with the other clothes.

Now I am thinking of her in her underwear. I've got to get my head together.

I move on to the small bathroom next door. I pull back the shower curtain and just grab all of the girly looking junk I see. I pulled a bag full of makeup off the counter and moved on.

I looked everywhere for her phone but I couldn't find it. I would try to call it but I don't know the number and it is probably dead by now anyhow.