Chapter 26 - What's The News?

Kamiya

"Kamiya Dime!" I heard a nurse call out. I quickly get up and follow her to a hospital room. Once we stepped inside, I immediately take a seat.

"Someone will be right with you in a few minutes." She smiled before she exits the room.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the wall. This morning I woke up having to throw up and let me tell you... I didn't like that shit at all. Right now, I have no doubt that I am pregnant. It's so obvious. I haven't had my period in a month and some weeks now. I just came here to get my prenatal pills and to see how far along I am.

How was I going to tell Malik? Would he be mad? Probably not. He'll probably be stressed more than anything. Worrying about how he wouldn't be there when our first child is born. Or how he would miss our child's first few years and I know it would hurt him, shit it hurts me just thinking about it.

Suddenly, the door opened causing me to sit up and open my eyes. A light skinned, young woman walks inside with her white coat on. It is obvious that she is a doctor, but she appears to be young.

"Hi Miss Dime, I'm Doctor Harris." She introduced herself, holding her clipboard.

"Hey Doctor Harris. It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise," she smiled, "what is it that brought you here today, honey?"

"I think I'm pregnant and I wanted to see if everything is okay."

"What are your symptoms?"

"I've been throwin' up a lot lately and my period is late."

"How long has it been?"

"A month and a few weeks."

"Okay," she turns around and starts digging through some draws before she pulls out a plastic cup, "you can go to the restroom that is across the hallway and pee in this cup. Once you're done, place it inside of the container that is on the wall." She instructed. I nodded my head before doing exactly what she said. When I'm finished, I wash my hands before returning back to the room. I noticed she left so I just waited until she came back into the room.

My phone began to ring causing me to dig into my purse, in search for it. Once I found it, I answered the call.

"Hello?"

There was silence. I could hear breathing, but nothing else. I looked at my phone and saw that the caller had an unknown number. I ended the call not trying to think of anything negative. My phone started ringing once again and it is yet again an unknown number. I declined the call and turned my phone off, completely. I didn't need the bullshit.

The door opened once again and Doctor Harris came in with a smile on her face. "Well Miss Dime, you are most definitely pregnant.. two and a half weeks to be exact." I didn't say anything. I just sat there taking everything in. I'm happy right now, but I'm also sad.

"I will set up another appointment for next month and you can pick up your prenatal pills at the first desk when you're on your way out." She informed me. I nodded my head, standing up from the chair. I warmly smiled at her and made my way over to the door.

"Miss Dime," I heard her call out. I rested my palm on the door knob and I turned in her direction.

"Congratulations, your due date is August 28." She cheered. I laughed and thanked her before walking out the room. I quickly got my pills and left the hospital. I needed to go talk to Tammy.