The Venetian Ball:

Keith Stein is another Mafioso on the loose. He works for the American Mafia and wanted to settle for good in Germany to have a decent and quiet life.

Though he is not active in the business, he has long lists of connections in Germany alone. And now that he knows that the lady boss is alive,

he already thought of a plan to ensure the Lady boss’s safety for the mean time after that incident on his show.

David gathered them on their dining table for an early morning meeting. He took out an invitation that he received from Keith Stein last night. It’s a been three days since the sniper incident on his show and no one else knew about it except the ones who were there and no one mentioned a word to anyone.

Tom raised a brow, “The Venetian ball?”

Georg reached for the invitation and read it again. “Yup. That’s what written in here.”

“You wear suits, right?” Tom asked looking at David who answered him with a grin.

“Oh no! I ain’t wearing any damn suit!” he said, raising his hands up and walked out of the table.

Georg laughed, “Works for me.”

“Well of course you look good in a suit!” Tom declared.

“So what is this for?” Bill asked.

“Well, this is a promotion and an escape plan.” David answered.

“What?”

“You see guys, the Venetian ball is an annual event attended by the big shots. All the tycoons, celebrities, spoiled brats, you name it, and they got it on the list.”

“And the Mafia?”

“German, Italian, American. The Yakuza even came once.”

He pressed his hands on his cheeks. “Oh god. And we, four I mean five wannabe rock stars are invited?”

“Yeah. Keith Stein invited you. He’s hosting the ball on his mansion there in Venice. According to him from there you can take the next plane to New York safe and sound. Since the Italian mafia is on alert and no one can just come in. You guys are safe there.”

“Oh that’s just great!” Bill said, rolling his eyes.

Then Tom ducked his head from the kitchen door. “So Bill’s also wearing a suit?! Yeah right!”

“So I’ll see you guys there in a week’s time. Got that? You’ll perform three songs; one is from the new album. Then right after the show we’ll take his private jet and head to New York where everything is ready. So you also need to get your things ready. We’ll head to New York ahead of schedule.” David said as he left them.

That night, Bill went to the back porch and saw Aleithea sitting on the stairs nursing a cup of coffee, staring at the clear starry night; ignoring him.

He sat beside her. They never talked much to each other. All that he can remember is when she saw him trying to compose something and she gave him a melody.

“Hey.” He said, playing with his hands as the cold crept in his thin sweater.

“Hey yourself.” She replied with a smile. “How you doing?”

“You talk as if I’ve been away for some time. I’m invisible, aren’t I?”

“Quite. I have a feeling you don’t like where this is going? Maybe we shouldn’t have tried this. Things were way better when it was only the four of you, wasn’t it?”