Left Alone

"So are you gonna tell me why you're here?"

Loki smirked, and walked closer to her. "No, but the question that needs to be answered is, what are you?"
"I don't know, but if I did know, I wouldn't tell you. But I believe you're here to get revenge on the avengers." Morphine said glaring at him.

"Ah, you are a smart one indeed." He said.

"So you're here to try kill me and the rest?" she asked. Loki finally understood now, she was in the avengers. His smirk turned into a grin. "I'd like to see you try." She said and pushed past him, going into her room, and slamming the door into his face. She took her towel off, deciding to put on a large shirt. Before she could put her shorts on, Loki appeared in front of her.

"Damn it! Can't you see I'm changing!" She shouted.

"Do not worry, I have seen you in the nude in your washroom." he said with a playful smirk. Morphine was mortified. "I can't believe you...actually I can!" she shouted, she wanted to laugh because it was a funny situation. So she started laughing.

The god of mischief was indeed confused at her reaction. "You're very strange." he said. "Anyways, if you're gonna kill me, do it tomorrow." she said before yawning, causing Loki to yawn as well. "I'm pretty tired, and Thor has probably found out that you're in 'Midgard' by now."

Loki had to admit that he was tired as well, he was even too tired to scowl at the mention of Thor. He watched as Morphine slipped into her bed, he followed her actions.

"Whoa! What are you doing?" she stopped him. "Sleeping." he said. "Well, you're gonna have to sleep on the couch. Follow me." she said getting out of bed and going to the living room.
She pointed to the couch, "This is where you'll sleep for now. I'll get you a blanket." She left quickly to get him a blanket, then came back and gave him the blanket. He grimaced.

"What?" She asked.

"I am a god. I don't deserve to sleep on mere Midgardian...couch." He said, tossing the blanket to the floor. 

"You're in my house, so you sleep on my couch." She said.  His jaw dropped, he couldn't believe she was talking to him, a god, like that. He flopped on the couch, putting his feet on the table. "Make yourself at home, why don't ya?" Morphine said sarcastically. 

"Oh, I will." He said smugly. "Asshole." she muttered.

"What was that?" Loki asked. 

"I said Good night." she told him before going into her room and shutting the door. Loki's suit disappeared, his naked body exposed as he lies on the sofa with the blanket carelessly thrown over him. He muttered under his breath about stupid Midgardian women, then closed his eyes, and slept a dreamless sleep.

***

The next morning, Morphine heard her phone ringing into her ear. She ignored it, keeping her eyes closed for a while. Then it began ringing again, she decided to answer it. Before she could answer it, she saw Loki sitting on the edge of her bed staring at her. She yelped, he chuckled as she answered her phone.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Jones, where are you? We're having an emergency meeting. Thor says that Loki has escaped, and he could be hiding here somewhere." It was Fury.

"Okay, I'll be there in a few." she said before hanging up.

"Good morrow." said Loki. "What are you doing in here?" she asked him. She noticed the only thing he had on was the blanket she gave him, and it was loosely wrapped around his waist. She gawked at his body like a lovesick school girl. That's a nice view, She thought. He smirked at her, he knew part of her wanted him. What sane woman didn't?

"I heard a terrible noise coming from your chambers, you seemed to ignore it. It came from that device." he said. Morphine laughed. "Well, I gotta leave in a few minutes for work." she said. "Are you not going to make a feast for a god?" he asked. She raised her eyebrow.

"I have hot pockets." she said.

"What is this 'hot pocket'?" he asked. "You'll see once I cook one." she said.

"You never gave me your name." he said as she went into her closet and putting on her wig.

"But you'll be killing me, so why does it matter?" she asked playfully while finding something to wear. He had a playful smile, "I would like to know who I'm killing." he said.

"Morphine. Morphine Jones." she said coming out of her closet in fresh clothes. He thought it was a unique name that fit her well.

Loki watched as Morphine took the box of hot pockets out of her freezer, and popped two in the microwave. He could smell them cooking in the little electrical box. He licked his lips as she opened the microwave, and the smell really hit him. She pulled out the hot pockets, not really caring about the heat, and placing them in front of him. "There ya go." she said. He quickly grabbed her hand, "I would like to thank you, Morphine Jones." She was taken back by his sincerity. She saw kindness and warmth in his usually cold green eyes. Her hand tingled from the coldness of his skin. Pulling her hand back, she said, "I'll be back later, try not to destroy my house or any people while I'm gone." Then she was out the door.

***

Later that morning, Morphine arrived late to the meeting as usual. "Jones, you're late. Again." said Tony as everyone else watched as she strode in carelessly. She didn't say anything as she sat down at the table between Natasha and Steve.

"So we all know that Loki has escaped, and he's hiding somewhere. But no one has been killed, nothing's been destroyed, maybe he's playing it...low key." Morphine rolled her eyes as Tony finished his sentence with a lame joke.

Pretty much the whole meeting was Thor arguing with everyone else. "How could your guards not know that Loki escaped?" asked Natasha.

"He's a trickster, of course he would make a double. Anyone could fall for it." said Thor.

Meanwhile, after eating both of his hot pockets, Loki sat on Morphine's couch contemplating what he would do. At this point, he was fully clothed in what he thought Midgardians wore. He then decided to look around her house. He got up and looked into her room. He wasn't ashamed that he was looking into her room without her consent. I could care less. He thought. Looking in her drawers, he found dainty, colorful, little pieces of cloth. "What in Asgard are these?" he asked out loud holding her panties up to his face, getting a good look.

There was so many of them, and they were lace. "The women on Asgard don't have these. I shall keep one." he said stuffing her panties in his pocket.

Then he went into her closet, taking her clothes, sniffing them, and tossing them to the ground. He then went back to her living room.

He sat down and noticed a device on the table. He picked it up cautiously, his eyes darted to the big red button at the top. He pressed it with apprehension, and the T.V. came on. "Apparently this device is connected to this magic box." he thought out loud.

He started watching the first thing that was on at that time, 'E news'. He was in a daze.

***

"Okay, so here's a hypothetical question." said Morphine. Everyone was surprised she said anything.

"Let's say Loki came here, and he's playing it 'low key', what if he doesn't kill anyone?"

"I would still have to take him back to Asgard, and he will serve his time in prison." said Thor.

"But we all know that he will kill anyone in his path." said Clint.

Loki was still watching T.V. when he heard a knock on the door. Annoyed, he stomped over to the door, and pulling it open revealing Robbie.

"Yes?" he asked looking down at the young man.

"Who the hell are you, and where is Morph?" asked Robbie. Loki quickly grabbed him by the throat, "She is doing her duties right now, but do you have a message for her?" he said, his voice was calm and soothing. Robbie struggled to get out of his grip.

"Let...me...g-go." he choked out. Loki chuckled, "Silly mortal, you dare talk to me, Loki the god of mischief, that way." He said in a dark menacing way. The calmness left his voice, and was replaced with venom and malice.

"I guess I should teach you a lesson." he said before punching Robbie unconscious and dragging him inside, not caring if anyone was watching in the hall.