Alternate Ending

Morphine cradled Auburn's small, cold, shivering body. The baby was turning blue, and her heart was beating so slowly that Morphine and Loki thought she was near death. Loki knew that she was rejecting most of Morphine's traits, and becoming a frost giant. Watching Morphine's sad gaze on their daughter hurt him, they were both in pain as Auburn

Tony and Bruce had walked up to them, Tony reached out to Loki, gripping his shoulder reassuringly. "It's time." Was all he said. They had to give Auburn to a specialized team to keep her watched, and to make sure she stays stable. Nick arranged for the team to come. Morphine and Loki kissed her head as they gave her to leader of the team, who wore a hazmat-like suit.

"I know this is tough for you both, but I'll reassure you that Auburn is coming back." Tony said. Morphine was silent as Loki pulled her into him.

Weeks after Auburn was taken, Morphine and Loki were able to visit her in a private lab that Tony had paid for. Auburn was kept in a room that had a glass window, they weren't able to hold her this time. Days turned to weeks as they watched Auburn get bigger and stronger, soon they were able to interact with her. But as soon as there was good, came the bad. Auburn's strength and powers were getting stronger and better, but she was developing signs of corruption at such a young age. The frost powers overpowered those of the fire demon causing the what little fire she had in her to dissipate, and Auburn's life force was gone.

Morphine and Loki were heartbroken, watching as the life drained from their child. Not being able to handle the loss, they decided to live on Asgard. Loki felt himself slipping into a dark place again, and Morphine felt as if she would never be the same after living with such a tragedy. Thor pulled them in for hugs when he saw them, sending his condolences.

As Morphine tried to make things work, Loki felt that maybe at this time, he needed time for himself. Morphine couldn't believe after everything they went through, he was willing to throw it all away. Especially at such a sensitive time for them, she was hurting and he was pushing the knife in deeper.

"Please, don't leave me. I-I need you, I can't be here alone." She begged him. He shook his head.

"Darling," he started, wiping the lone tear from her face. "I love you, but I need to be alone. I don't know how long, but I just see your face and I see her." 

"Why would...you bring me here, just to leave me?" She asked.

"I thought we could be able to cope, but we're still in mourning. I want you to go back to Midgard, live your life, and be happy. This is for the best." He said before kissing her passionately, then turning, and leaving his room. Leaving Morphine there to break down in tears. The door opened, and she quickly wiped at her face, Thor stood there with a look of sympathy.

"Morphine, come, I'll escort you to the Bifrost." He told her. She nodded, wiping her face once more, and following him out.

As they stood in front of Heimdall, Morphine let out a breath of air. "Actually, I'd like to go to Alfheim...with my mother." She said quietly.

"As you wish." Heimdall said, opening the Bifrost to Alfheim. Morphine hugged Thor.

"I'll miss you all." she whispered, leaving Asgard as she went through the opening.

When she went through, she was met with a reassuring voice. "Come here, child." Her mother, Oriel, was already standing there, waiting for her. "I knew you were coming." Morphine ran up to her, hugging her tightly.  Morphine let out a small sob, as Oriel's arms tightened around her. 

"I know, let it out." she told her, rubbing her hair gently as Morphine sobbed into her chest. "It's time for you to be healed of all worries."