Sterek: Whats Happening To Me?

"But who's the other girl? The one locked in there with Boyd?" Scott said gravely.

Derek shrugged, looking down at the table, at the plans of the bank that were laid out, hating how utterly clueless and Useless he felt. He would keep thinking, hoping that it was still Erica, that there was no new girl and that Erica was alive and well. Because he didn't know what he would do if she really was dead.

Derek opened his mouth to say something, anything, but he couldn't think of anything to say - what could he say?- when all of a sudden Derek felt a smack against his arm.

It was ineffectual at best, a barely there slap, but it was there and it shocked Derek into looking down at his left arm where the smack had landed then up at Stiles standing next to him, who was staring up and out the window, arms folded against his chest, an air of casualness surrounding him.

Derek stared at him, willing him to look back, but Stiles continued to ignore him, turning to Scott and starting to suggest random girls he knew who could be in the vault.

Derek's gaze caught Peter who was smirking over at his perch, but then Peter got up and wandered over to the couch and plopped down on it, pulling his feet up onto the coffee table. Derek elected to ignore him, turning back to the papers on the desk.

He felt another smack, but this time it landed on his side. Derek looked sharply over at Stiles who was nodding at what Scott was saying, who hadn't noticed a anything amiss.

But Derek did. "Stiles, what are you doing?"

Stiles stopped mid-sentence, looking over at Derek in confusion. "Huh? I'm not doing anything? I'm just talking to Scott. You know, helping devise a plan that doesn't get anyone killed." Stiles turned back to Scott who just shrugged at Derek's look and continued their conversation.

Derek looked over at Peter, who looked like he was trying not to laugh, the asshole.

Derek shook his head, and went back to what he was doing before Stiles 'totally' hit him.

He doubted Scott would want to go in there not knowing what would happen, not wanting to risk his life when he had no idea what he was risking his life for, but Derek was. It was already dark out, and Derek Nd Scott should be leaving soon.

Then Derek felt another smack, only this time on his upper arm, and a little harder than before.
Derek huffed, and looked over, saw that Scott definitely noticed what wa happening now, Stiles was looking at his nails, all casual-like.

"Stiles."

"Derek?" Stiles asked, looking over at him in question.

"Why are you hitting me?"

Stiles mock-gasped. "I'm doing no such thing!"

Derek glared at him, but Stiles only stared steadily back. Scott ducked his head down to hide a smirk.

"Just don't do it again." Derek threatened, deepening his voice and flashing his eyes red.

Stiles smirked. "Don't know what you're talking about, but sure, big guy. Won't happen again, whatever it is you think I did." Stiles held his hands up in surrender.

"Stiles, come on." Scott coughed to hide a laugh.
" Scotty, I swear I didn't do a thing." Stiles pleaded. "Promise."

Peter was shaking with laughter on the couch, Scott was placating Stiles and Derek was rolling his eyes as he focused back on the blueprints. Okay, he needed to memorize where the wall was, where he had to go, where exactly the vault was so he didn't end up in a completely different room.

Smack.

It landed right on his face, and was light enough that Derek's face barely moved, but it was hard enough for Derek to straighten up and blink in surprise over at Stiles who was barely containing his laughter now.

"It doesn't feel too good, does it?" Stiles said smugly.

"Stiles." Derek said, turning to him once more and crossing his arms, putting a fake light and cheerful note in his voice.

Stiles smile faded as he saw the look on Derek's face. " Yeah, I'm going to...be right back." And then Stile was running away before Derek could lunge forward and snatch him.

"Stiles!" Derek huffed angrily. He turned to Scott who had been watching the whole exchange with wide, curious eyes. "I'll be right back."And then they could go save Boyd and ..Erica. But first, he had to deal with Stiles. The little shit.

Stiles POV

I ran away from Derek and rounded the corner past Peter, who was still guffawing on the couch. I slammed through the double doors when someone caught my wrist.

'Shit. Derek..' I thought as I was spun and a hand clasps around my mouth as try pushed my down the hall scrapping against the wall into a black Suburban. All I see is I baseball bat being brought towards my head, and someone screaming my name.