Chappie 11

Derek's POV
**********

"I'm stuck, dad. It's okay." He says, wiggling his arm, tearing his shirt more, revealing a large part of his arm, stuck under the rock.

No.

I stand , holding out an arm for John. "Get out."

When he doesn't move, I take his arm, tossing him out as the cave crumbles a little, making us all gasp.

"I'll save him." I whisper in his ear, and I jump in, right as the bat snaps.

<><><><><>

Sheriff Stilinskis POV
********************

"Stiles! Hale!" I scream as the rock collapses on top of them.

Why did Stiles have to be so...selfless.?

I hear coughing and then a weak voice speak.

"Dad?"

Coughing.

Silence.

"Stiles? Is Ha-Derek down there with you? Do you see him?"

When I don't get an answer, I start to panic.

"Stiles?"

"I can't hear his heartbeat." Peter says, leaning his head against the hole.

"Thanks, asshole." I say sharply, choking on a sob.

"Sher-Sheriff?"

"Derek? Where's Stiles?"

"He's, he's here.."

Sniffling.

"Are you...crying, nephew?" Peter says snarkily.

"Shut the hell up and get us out of here, uncle."

Peter runs off into the woods, not turning back.

"He better be getting help." I hear Derek mumble, and a small smirk appears on my lips.

I decided to jump straight to the point.

"Do you love my son, Derek?"

"Ye-yes, sir. Very much."

I grunt in approval. "So you do know I have approximately 68 guns in my house alone and am friends with Mr.Argent here, am I correct in assuming this?" I say, glancing at the sleeping father and daughter Allison.

"Yes. Bu-but he's. I don't think I would be able to live without him. He can't be-"

We don't talk after that.

It takes two hours for Peter to come back. Scott woke up and him and his mom brought blankets and food, saying they wouldn't leave without Stiles.

Derek said his heartbeat was clear again, though not very loud.

"Can you get him out now?...please?" I ask as the group of men Peter collected swarmed the hole.

"Derek goes first." One of the men says gruffly, tearing Derek's arms from around Stiles, My Stiles, body.

They throw him across the woods clearing, him hitting a tree, growling as he shifts.

Derek takes his chances, climbing into the hole again, and surrounding my sons body with his own. I see him caressing his cheek and whispering small things in his ear.

"Let's go, Hale." One of the men grumbles, and I pull out my gun, armed with wolfsbane bullets.

"Give the man time, before I shoot both of you in the head." I threaten.

The men scoff, both stepping forward. "You can hurt us with your little mortal gun, sheriff."

I quickly shoot both of their knees, making them kneel before me.

"Wanna say that again?"

"Sheriff!" I hear someone yell. "We've got him. We've got Stiles."

<><><><><><><><><><>

1 week later

( Stiles was just released from hospital with 2 broken ribs, a fractured ankle, and a new boyfriend;)

"She's dead, Stiles. She won't ever get to know what a failure you were. Sorry, are."

Stiles whimpers, cowering into himself in the bed sheets.

"Stiles?" Derek mumbles, sitting up from his seat next to Stiles bed to see his boyfriend shaking under the covers, sweat rolling down his forehead.

"It's not my fault. It's-it's not m-my f-fault."

"Stiles!" Derek whispers louder, shaking him awake.

"What?" Stiles mumbles, tears still streaming down his face.

"It wasn't your fault." Derek says quietly.

"I I don't even know. She she would hate me if she was here now. I'm, I'm so stupid and jittery and I'm nothing compared to you werewo-"

Derek slips his finger under Stiles chin, tipping his head back as he kisses him softly, then pulling back, shaking his head.

"Not to me."