Chappie 9

Scott's POV
***************

"Wolfsbane?" I growled, gripping the light post, listening to Stiles rant through the phone. "That's why you can't be healed? Can you see it?" I ask in one breath, and I hear him shuffling on the other end, gasping.

"Stiles?"

"Uh.-uh, yeah. I can, I can see it." He says panicking.

"Is Derek there?" I ask, glancing at Isaac who is shivering, staring at his feet, shuffling them awkwardly.

"Come here." I whisper, shedding my coat, wrapping it around him. He blushes,and I smirk, directing my attention to Stiles, who hasn't answered my question.

"Stiles?" I ask again. "Is Derek there?"

I hear a grunt of approval and the call disconnects.

"Obviously." Isaac jokes, and we walk to the Vets to meet my boss.

"Deaton?" I ask panicked, stepping in front of Isaac protectively, claws growing, my eyes flashing yellow.

"Not quite." A deep voice boomed, and I'm /pretty/ sure Isaac whimpered.

<><><><><><><><>

Stiles POV
**************

The whole pack was gathered in the crisp, Hale manor late that night.

Haha 'crisp' get it.? --- Too soon?

"My dad's missing, Derek." I whisper, and he's about to reply, when he was interrupted.

"Where's Scott and Isaac?" Boyd questions, glancing at the vacant year through the window.

"Well..." I start. " I'm supposed to be at Deatons, but I need you to come."

"Why?" He asks sweetly. "What's wrong?"

()()FLASHBACK()()

"I was outside the Emergency Room." Stiles narrates

In the ER waiting area, Stiles sees a Field Agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Stiles seems to recognize the man and dreads the prospect of talking to him.

" Oh, just perfect. A Stilinski at the center of this whole mess. What a shocker. Think you can answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm?"

" If you ask the questions without the usual level of stupid." Stiles deadpans.

"Where's your dad, and why's no one been able to contact him?"

" I don't know. I haven't seen him in hours." Stiles says.

"Is he drinking again?" The Agent questions.

" What do you mean, again? He never had to stop."

"But he did have to slow down. Is he drinking like he used to?" He persists, and Stiles has had enough.

" All right, how about this? Next time I see him, I'll give him a field sobriety test, okay? We'll do the alphabet, start with "F," end with "U."

As he walks away, Stiles sees the elevator doors close, a thick, red paint word on the outside doors, being washed away by workers.

'ARGENT.'

<><><><><><>

Scott POV
*************

The ice baths were all set. One for Scott, One for Stiles, and one for Allison.

Okay, so there are rituals, Jennifer Blake has gotten with a man named Deucalion.

"Julia Baccari. That was her name." Deatons announced, making us jump. " now where is Stiles?"

"Here! I'm here!" Stilinski shouts, dragging Derek behind him, who was about a centimeter away from ripping his throat out...with his teeth.

"What are we doing here?" He grinds out, looking at the vet.

"These 3 are going to save their loved ones! They each hold onto a beloved personal item belonging to their parents. For Stiles, it is his dad's badge; for Scott, it is his mom's watch; for Alison, it is a silver bullet her father forged. They will be submerged in an ice bath, then held down until they are dead."

At this, Derek grips Stiles arm, interrupting his stripping of socks and shoes. "No."

Deaton continues anyway. ",by someone who has a close emotional bond, who will act as an anchor back to this world."

"It's fine. We'll be fine. It's only a 10-second death." He says shivering as he steps into the tub.

"One question." He strains out, glancing at his uncle. "What's Peter here for?"

"Observing.-please, continue." He says with a sly smirk.

Stiles rolls his eyes, all three of them kneeling into the ice water, gasping at the sudden change if temperature.

I feel Isaacs hands on my shoulders, lightly pushing, and I see Lydia with her hands on Allison's. But Derek was restraining, and Stiles was gripping the badge like it was his life support.

"It's se-seems like all w-we do i-is find the bod-bodies, L-Lyds." Stiles whispers, shivering violently. " I don't want to find my dad's body."

He was sobbing now, and it took all I had not to comfort him, but Derek stepped it, gripping his shoulders, whispering remarks in his ear.

'Imma rip this guys throat out okay? We will get your dad. I promise.' I hear and he smirks at that.

"W-with your-r te-teeth?" He asks and Derek chuckles.

He chuckled.

"We have to do it now." I hear. "They will have a darkness surrounding their hearts for the rest of their lives, but they may not have a life if you don't do it now.

That's all I heard before I went under.