Chappie 10

Stiles POV
***********

In Dream State:

We all step out of the tubs and look at each other. At first we're in an empty tiled room, but once I blink, we are all in the forest, surrounding a large stump.

"Well, so much for a clue." Scott says, gripping his shirt and wringing it of water.

"Wait." Allison says, putting her hand in the middle of it, erupting ribbons of colors from the center.

My hands travel through my hair as I see my mom, running around our yard, tripping as she coughs up blood, it spattering on my treehouse ladder, my father running to her side, finding bruises covering her arms.

"No!" I scream, falling to my knees. "Mom! No, no, no."

It zooms to my mom in her hospital bed cords wrapped around her arms as she struggles to breath, my father smashing his fist against the walls as she flatlines, screaming at me.

"It's all your fault! If she-if she didn't have you she would be alive!" He sobs, squeezing her hand.

I slowly walk to him.

"Dad, please. I didn't mean to. " I whimper, slipping my hand into his.

He throws his arm out, it connecting with the side of my face.

"If you were older.." He threatens, his eyes glaring at me.

I feel my lips quivering, "Dad." I cry. "You're all I have left. Don't leave me!"

I watch the nurses swarm in, pushing my father out of the way as they roll the bed out of the room, murmuring "sorry for your loss's"

He shakes his head at me as he leaved the room, tears staining his cheeks.

I lean against the wall, slipping into a ball. My head falls to my knees as I cry; my cheek burning red and hot.

I hear someone enter the room, and my head lifts to see Melissa McCall.

Her eyes soften, as she kneels down to inspect my face.

"I'm so sorry. I should've watched you. Him. You can stay with me for a little while, okay? I have a son, Scott. He's the same age as you, I think you'll like him. Does that sound good?" She asks sweetly, and although I didn't smile, I nodded, letting 7-year old self be carried out of the room.

**********
Derek's POV
**********

"No!" Stiles screams as the others pull themselves out of the water, "Mom! No, no, no."

I try to pull him out, but he grips my hand tight. "Dad, please. I didn't mean to."

As soon as his fingers slip between mine, he screams, his hands instinctively go to his cheek.

"Dad." He cries."You're all I have left. Don't leave me!"

His eyes open quickly and he shivers as I tear him out of the tub, pulling him into a hug. I can tell he's crying, even though he's soaked.

"I know where they are." Allison says, her voice filling the awkward silence.

Stiles seems to awaken from this, his stalking into her personal space, whispering menacingly in her face. "Where?"

"The old stump in the forest, next to-well, next to where you were kidnapped." She says kindly.

Stiles nods, and grabs his baseball bat from the corner of the office.

I go to follow him to his jeep, but see him running straight into the woods, and I trace his steps swiftly, coming up behind him as he steps onto a pile of oddly places twigs and leaves.

Oh no.

"Stiles!" I scream, startling him, the faux pile turning into a hole as he falls through.

I lay down next to it, looking in to see the Sheriff, Chris Argent, and Melissa McCall staring into my eyes.

I hear a cracking sound, and turn my head to see Stiles rushing to the middle of the cave, sliding him and his bat under the large boulder as it falls, the wooden stick temporarily holding up the structure.

"Quick, get out!" He urges, his friend parents climbing out, leaving just him and his dad.

"But-" Sheriff Stilinski starts.

"I'm stuck, dad. It's okay." He says, wiggling his arm, tearing his shirt more, revealing a large part of his arm, stuck under the rock.

No.

I stand , holding out an arm for John. "Get out."

When he doesn't move, I take his arm, tossing him out as the cave crumbles a little, making us all gasp.

"I'll save him." I whisper in his ear, and I jump in, right as the bat snaps.

<><><><><>