43.

** I KNOW YOURE PROBABLY LIKE 'WOAH U UPDATED MOM AH ITS ONLY BEEN A DAY' yee iknowright I JUST HAVE TESTING COMING UP AND I KNOW I PROBABLY WONT BE UPDATING AS MUCH SO IM DOING A SMALL HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE SO HERES UR PRESENT.

"I apologize for breaking out of character the last time you came here. You have to know, or understand that I'm still torn apart over your mother's death just like you are." Daniel said, the frequent taps of his pen filling the silence inside of the room. "I don't want you to end up like her, Louis."

"Dead?" Louis asked bluntly, then stopped his pacing to look over at Daniel, who sat in his desk chair with a notepad clutched in his hand. "I'm not thinking about death right now, doctor. I'm thinking about asking for advice...it's about love. What is love? How would you describe love?"

Daniel stopped moving his pen and met eyes with Louis', his mouth agape as he tried to figure out whether or not Louis just wanted to pull at his strings, or was generally asking a question about love. Usually, the topic of love was avoided in therapy sessions, so Daniel was a bit hesitant at giving an answer.

"Why? Does this have anything to do with that man you're seeing?" He asked, which caused Louis to clear his throat noisily and turn away as quick as he could. "What's his name? Henry?"

"Harry," corrected Louis hurriedly, "his name is Harry."

The older man hummed and looked down at his notebook with the tip of his pen pressed against it, and Louis thought that he was about to take note of what he said, but then Daniel grunted and pushed them to the side. "Tell me about him. What makes him so different from the other guys you've seen?"

Louis wanted to point out the fact that Daniel was behaved as an actual therapist today, but he didn't want to ruin the opportunity to discuss Harry, who was still on the camping trip and didn't get back until tonight with everyone else, which meant more hours of loneliness due to the departure. God, he's turned into a love-struck devotee of Harry.

"His entire being is just. . .annoying, you know? But, I think that's what I like. The annoying type. It isn't even the bad kind of annoying neither. It's the kind where. . .you pretend you don't like something because of it's corniness, but deep down you know you do." Louis described, unaware of how he made jerky hand motions as he spoke, though, Daniel watched intently. "The other guys -- they were rough. Bad people like me."

"You aren't a bad person, Louis," said Daniel, but kept talking when he saw Louis about to protest against this. "Zayn wasn't like that, but you liked him. You guys were best friends."

"Well, things change, I suppose."

"Can't argue with that. Now, bring me back to the Harry discussion. What's he like? You only give me minor details." Daniel countered. "It's nice hearing you actually talk about something you're passionate about."

Louis tried not to grin, but he couldn't help himself. "You're just saying that because I'm not being a smart ass right now." Daniel didn't respond. "Okay, well, Harry is. . .different, in a good way. He's sweet to me. He cares about me. I-I lashed out on him -- on the trip, I mean. The next day, he talks to me even though he knew he didn't have to. And you know what, Daniel?"