44.

"Okay, so," Louis rushed out quickly as he cornered Harry between the counter and the wall of the teacher's lounge, his hands planted on the sides of Harry's body, "I made this . . . well, Zayn helped make this thing for me. Right? It was a bunch of sticky notes, and they had cute drawings on them of you and I and some things we've said to each other. We worked hours on them, and--"

Harry blinked unsurely as Louis paused in the middle of his sentence and looked up at the ceiling, and the curly haired man couldn't tell if Louis was about to start crying or laugh hysterically. It was hard, always has been, to tell what Louis was thinking whenever he spoke, and it also didn't help that Harry was completely lost the moment sticky notes was mentioned.

Louis continued, this time, much slower so that he could be understood. "I-I forgot them at home, which is irresponsible on my part because I know Zayn worked really hard on them, but I refuse to wait. I'm impatient; I've always been, and you know that. I'm just stating the obvious now . . . I think I'm stalling because I'm nervous. Are you nervous?"

"Very," replied Harry through squinted eyes. He looked behind Louis' shoulder to see if anyone happened to look inside, but his nerves became at rest when he didn't see anyone, which meant that this probably wouldn't be a prank situation. "Louis, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just--" Louis breathed, then dropped his arms to the side and shut his eyes. "Will you be my boyfriend, Harry Styles? My partner? The one I confide in? This isn't going smooth at all. Maybe I should have waited, right? Although, I'm not that patient. Would the sticky notes have been better?"

Harry is definitely screaming on the inside -- no, he's dying. He doesn't even believe that he is breathing, if he had to be honest, but if he isn't, then his reply hid it very well. "You're starting to sound like me now." God, but he couldn't care less about that. Here, in the teacher's lounge, Louis had just asked him out; plus, this couldn't have been a dream since he nonchalantly pinched himself.

"Isn't that terrible?" Louis asked in a teasing, but shaky tone; obviously fearful of the answer to the question. Without having to glance down at Louis' arms, Harry could already see the man trembling more as he waited, and Harry didn't know whether or not to feel satisfaction or worried. "I kind of need an answer now, or I think I'm going to implode."

"You're right; you aren't patient." Harry responded, then put his hands on top of Louis' arms with a bright smile to show that he was in control as of now, which felt good if he was honest.

"Now you're the one stalling. Do I have to get on my knees and declare my undying love for you by wrapping my mouth around your cock? Because, let me tell you, that is not original, nor romantic. What I will do is say: Harry Styles, I love you, please say yes, which is probably cliché, but you like that stuff." Louis explained jokingly. Harry's cheeks heated up at the three words he never thought would come out of Louis' mouth, and he doesn't know where the change of heart came from, or the reason why the moment was now, but it didn't really matter. "Harry?"

"Hm?"

"You're going to be the death of me."

"You can't die. We just started dating." Harry pointed out, then watched Louis' expression slowly turn from impatience to excitement, and it's such a wonderful thing to look at; the way Louis' eyes crinkle at the sides so that the blue practically pops; how his nose can scrunch at the same time in the cutest way; it helps Harry realize that he is probably the only person who can make Louis like this. "Is it too early in the relationship to tell everyone we're dating?"