Wounded

Nick ducked his head as a bullet came crashing into the nearby pole. He softly put down the wounded bunny, taking off her vest to see a wound, where she got stabbed. He gently shook her lifeless body.

"Judy? Judy can you hear me?!" He whispered. Another bang got his attention as he looked at his gun.

"One bullet?" He looked behind the crate, trying to find anything that could stop the dangerous criminals. He then saw it. A propane can. He set Judy down.

"Hold on carrots, y-y-your mate's gotta, gotta do something." He rushed up to the can, trying to avoid bullets, but one got him in the shoulder, he yelled, but kept going. He grabbed it and threw it in the air, shooting it. The explosion knocked down some of the boards on the criminals, but he also got launched back, making him wince, he grabbed Judy and ran out as quickly as he can. He ran outside into the pouring rain, ignoring the sharp pain from his shoulder. He set Judy down and scanned her.

"Oh god, oh god..." He got on all fours and crouched down to her chest, putting his ear on it. Come on...come on carrots...

Thump...

Thump...

Thump.....

He sighed with relief as he got up again. Picking up the helpless bunny.

"Come on carrots.."

"Let's go home..."