Why did you forgive me?

Judy pondered and pondered at her bedroom desk. She couldn't get that one memory out of her mind.

"Probably best if you didn't have a predator as a partner..." 

"So why did you forgive me?" She finally whispered. She realized she was almost late for work. She grabbed her carrot pen and rushed out the door.

She opened the big doors to the police station, heading straight towards Nick's office. She knocked on the door. Nothing.

"Oh, Nick isn't here today." Judy turned to see a female cheetah in an officer uniform.

"He called in sick." Judy nodded and went back out. She took the cruiser to his small apartment building. Running up the stairs to the 3rd floor, she knocked again.

"Who is it?" Someone croaked out.

"Carrots." She softly giggled.

"Oh... Come in." She did see Nick on the couch, clearly sick.

"Gosh Nick, what made you sick as a dog?"

"Ugh, I have no idea." She nodded as she sat next to him.

"Hey, Nick?"

"Yeah?"

"Why did you forgive me... under the bridge?" Nick looked shocked by this and thought for a moment.

"Well... I guess I really couldn't blame you."

"Well... for whatever reason, I'm glad you did." Judy smiled at Nick. He smiled back.

"Me too carrots..."