Embarrassed

Mia turned on the attic light as she dove around inboxes.

"It HAS to be in here!" She slammed her hands on the box and looked around. She saw one that was labeled

"OLD UNIFORMS" Mia rushed over to it and opened it. She laughed and turned around. She put on her old moms uniform and looked at herself in the mirror. She gave a slight smile at her now peach-ish colored fur. She cleared her throat.

"OFFICER WILDE REPORTING FOR DUTY!" She stood up straight and confident. Most 16-year-olds were out shopping for ripped jeans and makeup. But Mia was "the weirdo" of the group. Her bullies comments came rushing to her mind.

"YOUR SUCH A FREAK!"

"YOU'LL NEVER BE A GOOD AS YOUR MOM!"

"JUST GIVE UP! YOU'RE PATHETIC AND WEAK!"

She sighed as she went to go put it up.

"Aww, and here I thought you were gonna keep it." Her ears shot straight up. She turned to see her father. Nick. Standing right in front of her. Her cheeks flushed red.

"I-I-I Was J-J-Just-" He laughed a bit. She frowned and pushed by him. He stopped.

"Hey...I didn't...." She looked back at him with tears in her eyes. His heart sank.

"Hey, Hey hey hey...I didn't mean to laugh like that..." He put his paw on her shoulder.

"That's what they all say." She mumbled. Her father hugged her from behind.

"Keep it..."

"What?" She turned to receive a smile. "Keep it. It looks great on you."