Chapter 2

(Sam and Lily^)

I watched my mom walk back and forth, when we returned home we told her of our encounter with Klaus. She looked scared and Luke wasn't here to calm her down, "mom maybe we should just tell him, I can't see you go through this" I told her while I watched her bite her lip. We always moved when she got a call Klaus was close, she was afraid he would kill her because she ran away from him.

"I don't know" she said while I sigh, "he invited us to a ball his family is having" I told her as I saw Lily and Sam talking. "Alright, we will tell him after the ball" she said while I nod, I walk out as Sam hugs me. "Everything will turn out fine" he said as I sigh, "I know I am just worried" I told him while Lily smiled, "we should go shopping soon to find a dress, the ball is tomorrow" she said.

It took us hours and we found the right dresses for the party, I paused when I felt someone grab my shoulder. I turn to see Damon, "Juliet" he said while I smile, "hello Damon" I said as he pulled me in, "haven't seen you in a long time" he said. "Yeah" I said while I hugged him, I walked and sat with him on the bench as I saw Lily go off to grab herself a snack. "How is everything?" he asked while I turn to him, "I found my mom and we have been all over trying to just act normal" I told him.

Damon knows I am different and my mom is a vampire, "did you tell her about them?" he asks while I bite my lips, "not that much really" I told him and he told me he never told his brother anything either. "So I heard Klaus invited you to the ball they are having" he said while I nod, "yup" I said as he chuckled and smiled.

I saw Juliet walking back as she waited for me, "I should go but I will see you later" I told him while getting up, "here just text or call if you need anything" he said handing me a piece of paper, "thanks and see you around" I told him as I walked off and met Lily. "Who was that?" Lily asked while I look at her, "someone I knew a long time ago" I told her as she nods and we walk back to the car as Lily drove home.