Amiability

Marshall was out walking along Big View Trail, the place where he seemed to spend most of his days. He stopped at the lake that sat alongside the path of the trail. He watched the sun across the lake as it was proceeding to set. This spot was Marshall's favorite. Ever since Chase had broken his heart, Marshall would come to this spot alone. It seemed to take his mind off of everything. The scene was so calming. He would even skip a few stones across the lake at times. Marshall sighed watching the sunset. He started to think of Chase and began sobbing. The thought of Chase dating Skye was hard enough on him, but actually seeing it with his own eyes was slowly killing him. Marshall was so lost in his sadness that he didn't notice someone approaching from behind.

"Hey... Is everything alright?" Asked a voice that surprised Marshall. Marshall turned around to face the voice and was met face to face with a dalmatian pup. Marshall's expression changed to an empty and unfriendly one.

"Yeah..." Marshall answered, lying to the other dalmatian. He really wasn't in the mood to engage in a conversation with any strangers, especially if it was about personal things that he would rather not talk about.

"I can see you're lying." The stranger told him. "Why are you crying?" He asked.
Marshall was quickly starting to become annoyed with the pup. These days he already wasn't in the best of moods nor as friendly as he used to be, and this pup certainly wasn't helping his mood by being nosey.

"I'm not crying." He answered sharply, while he slyly tried to wipe his tears away.

"Well it's good to know that those are tears of joy then." The stranger said with a sarcastic smile. Marshall was unfazed and continued to sit staring at the sunset. He really wanted to be alone to brood right now, but it seemed like this pup really had a hard time taking a hint. "It really is beautiful. I've only been in this town for a few weeks now, and this spot became my favorite the first moment I stopped here..." The pup said staring out at the sunset. Marshall discreetly rolled his eyes. "The peaceful serene sounds of the nature here. The great sunset view near the lake. The list goes on and on. What's your favorite part?" He asked Marshall.

"Being alone?" Marshall replied in a bitter sarcastic tone.

"Being alone is great... but isn't it better to be surrounded with friends and people who care about you?" He said, causing Marshall to scowl at him. Marshall then maintained his silence; trying his best not to shout at the pestering stranger. "Look... I can take a hint. I can tell I'm probably bugging you right now."

(Yes! He CAN be taught!) Marshall said in his mind.

"It's just, when I see someone sad and alone, I just feel like it's my duty to cheer them up."

"I am NOT a charity case!" Marshall growled. "I don't need anyone babying me or feeling sorry for me."

The stranger sighed.

"My bad... I didn't mean to come off that way. I'm just terrible when it comes to making friends in this town. What I meant to say was that I can't stand seeing others sad. I know what it's like to be in a place like that myself, so seeing others that way just makes me see a reflection of myself..." Silence soon engulfed the two. "I'll just leave now." The stranger said, turning his back to leave. "But whatever you're going through, don't let it get you too down. I can tell that you have so much happiness to give." The stranger smiled slightly and proceeded to walk off. Marshall bit his lip. He couldn't help but feel guilty and ashamed of himself. Look at what he had become. He used to be one of the most friendliest pups in Adventure Bay and now, now he didn't so much as shoot a smile towards anyone these days. Heartbreak and depression had changed him into someone else. Someone he didn't even realize he was becoming.