Epiphany

Skye led Chase out of the pup-house and into the backyard where many people were gathered. Besides the pups and Ryder, there was the mayor and Chickeletta, Jake, Katie, the Porters, Daring Danny, the Turbots, and farmers Yumi and Al. Something hanging on the back of the lookout caught Chase's eye. It was a large banner that read Farewell Marshall, and good luck. "Farewell Marshall? What's going on?" Chase asked, turning to Skye.

Skye raised her eyebrow. "Chase, don't you remember?" She asked him. "Marshall is leaving town. He's leaving... the PAW Patrol."

Chase's mouth dropped at these words. "W-what?" Chase stammered out. "Why is he leaving?"

Skye cocked her head to the side. "Chase, what's going on with you? We've known for at least a week now."

"I've... just been forgetting a lot of things lately. Please Skye, just tell me." Answered Chase.

Skye let out a soft sigh. "Well to refresh your memory, Marshall is leaving because he wants to travel the world with Joey and Dirk and become a full fledged EMT pup." Skye explained.

"But there's no way Ryder would agree to this. We NEED Marshall!" Chase pointed out.

"Ryder was against it at first, but after realizing that it wasn't his decision to make, he relieved Marshall of his PAW Patrol duties." Skye explained. "We're all sad. We don't want Marshall to go, but we want him to be happy."

"And going miles away from us makes him happy?" Remarked Chase.

"I don't think it's like that, Chase." Skye reasoned.

"Where is Marshall now?" Chase asked, looking around. "We should... we should try and convince him to stay."

"He's with Dirk and Joey." Skye answered. "He's already set to leave. He's leaving his pup house behind." She motioned her paw to the completely empty red pup house. "He's coming by to say one final goodbye before leaving town."

Chase lowered his head, looking towards the ground. No... How did this happen? WHEN did this happen? He thought. This doesn't make any sense. This can't be it.

Dirk's truck soon pulled into the driveway and out hopped Marshall and Joey with Dirk following close behind. Everyone began to crowd around Marshall, greeting the three with sad faces.

"C'mon Chase." Skye motioned, before moving toward the crowd. Chase himself just sat there speechless, still unable to process all this. What would the PAW Patrol be without Marshall? Without his silly antics and clumsiness? Without his big heart and compassion? What would he be without Marshall?

Marshall approached Ryder. He slowly removed his pup-tag from his own collar and held it out to the ten-year old. Ryder reached down and picked up the red tag. As he held it within his hands, he kept looking at Marshall and then back at the tag again. Ryder got down on one knee in front of Marshall.

"You keep it." Ryder said. He smiled as he attached the pup-tag back onto the dalmatian's collar.

"Ryder... are you sure?" Marshall asked him.

Ryder rubbed Marshall's head. "I'm sure Marshall. This way we can still stay in contact... and see your face. I also want you to keep your EMT pup-pack. Now you won't have to worry about getting new materials." Ryder laughed.