•4•

*Time skip*

I'm finally 16 and it's the day where I choose my future home. I've been thinking about it a lot. I really love dauntless but I also really like Erudite.

I don't want to leave my friends and family behind but wouldn't it be nice to live in Erudite? I could learn about everything. I get up and change into our outfit.

Black skinny jeans, with a black tank top, and my combat boots. I put my hair into a high ponytail and stare into the mirror. I look away before the thoughts come back.

I walk down the stairs to see Uriah already eating his pop tarts.

"Ready?" He asks me.

"Don't know." I respond biting into my apple.

"Oh you'll be fine." He tells me throwing his bag around his shoulders.

There's a knock on the door, Zeke. Oh yeah Zeke got his new apartment after he finished his training. He chose Trainer and he chose to work in the camera room along with four.

Yeah! So four chose the same as Zeke. He came first out of everyone and he didn't choose dauntless leader. Like come on four! Now Eric is in charge of dauntless. I hate it so much, he's not good for the job.

"Tris let's go!" Uriah says snapping me out of my thoughts.

I shrug it off and run out the door with my brothers. We make our way to the train tracks.

"We going to rule the ceremony!" Mar yells pounding her fist.

"Woah clam down you'll blow a vein." Lynn says.

We hear the train coming and I get a running start. The cool air rushes through me clearing my mind of everything. The train comes and I jump on. I hold onto the pole letting the wind take over my mind.

I take a deep breath smelling the fresh air. I open my eyes to see the outside wall. I've always wanted to know what lies beyond the wall. I step back and sit beside Mar.

"You ok?" She asks.

"Oh yeah I'm fine." I smile.

She just looks nods slightly and goes back to talking to Uriah. Four comes and sits beside me.

"Nervous?" He asks.

"Nervous? Why would I be nervous?" I ask crossing my arms.

"I don't know maybe since its your choosing day. You never know what you want until your standing in front of the bowls."

I look away, sighing.

"Well I have faith in whatever I choose it'll be for the best." I say.

"Tris... I l-." He gets cut off by Zeke yelling were here.

I stand up and watch as we get closer to the building. I get a running start and jump off when the time is right. I keep running, then coming to a stop. Uriah comes beside me putting his arm around me.

We walk up the plain white steps inside the building. We go into our section and sit in the middle where we always sit.

"Well let's get started." Marcus says.

The erudite leader comes and gives her boring speech. I doze out thinking about everything. I get snapped back by the sound of my name. I see Uriah sit with the dauntless.

I stand up and walk up to the stage. This is it. I walk and Marcus hands me the knife. I stand before the different bowls. I look at each one having this battle inside my head.

I raise the knife and cut my hand. I move my hand to the erudite bowl. All I wanted is to make in a difference. But dauntless is where I do belong. Dauntless has always been there and I make a difference there.

I move my hand and my blood drops into the bowl.

"Dauntless."