•9•

I sit at the table playing with my food. Everyone is talking about a party that happened last night, while I'm trying to figure out what happened last night.

I feel hands on my waist and I turn around fork raised.

"Woah. It's just me." Four says.

"Sorry. You scared me." I respond turning back around.

I go back to playing with my food.

"What's wrong?" He asks sitting down.

"Nothing, just lost my appetite." I lie.

"Uh huh. Well you going to Zeke's party tonight?"

"No I have to study."

"For what?"

"Remember that test that's coming up?"

"Oh yeah. Well stop by for a little bit." He says tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I will." I lie again.

He smiles and kisses my forehead then joins some of his friends. I sigh and decide to go back to the dorms. I throw the food away and walk to the dorms.

I see girls laughing while holding shopping bags. I look away. Gah, am I becoming depressed now? Great just perfect.

I finally get to the dorms and there's no one here. Yay! I go to my bed grabbing the scrapbook. I lean against the wall staring at the cover page.

It's been 4 years since I've look through this. I take a deep breath and open the scrap book.

'Our family adventure.' Is the title.

I look through all the photos. I smile at the one where Uriah is shoving pie in Zeke's face. The next one shows dad shoving pie in uriah's face. I chuckle and look at the one where mom and I are twinning.

The next one is of us is at the beach. We're all staring at the sunset holding hands. I smile and keep looking through. I feel tears form in my eyes.

Near the end a letter falls out. I open the envelope and take out a letter.

'Dear tris,
If you're reading this then it means we're either dead or in prison. Just know that we love you so much. You will always be our baby girl. I know you're confused, angry, upset, and other things but just remain strong baby. Don't let this world over take you. There's something you need to know. You can't tell anyone you understand? The erudites are up to something. I need you to find out what and stop them before it's too late. We love you and be the dauntless prodigy we know you are. Be safe, be careful, be slow to trust.
                                      ~With love, Mom and Dad

I close the letter and put it in my box. I get up and out the scrapbook under my bed. I sit back on my bed and stare at my hands. Well let's go save the world... Well what's left of it anyway.