•5•

"First jumper tris!" Four yells throughout the compound holding my hand up.

The dauntless roar in cheer and I step aside, watching as Uriah falls down second. After everyone is down four starts his tour around the compound.

I walk with Christina and Will. My two new friends who I met on the train. So far the new transfers are.... Well... Special? Yeah, I think that's a good word to use to describe them.

I already hate Peter, and his little partner Zach. They think they run this place. Please he'll run this place when.... Well never. Four stops in front of the dorms.

"Ok well here you are." He says.

"Um where's the girls dorm?" Christina asks.

"There is none. Your dauntless now. Don't need to fear of anything." He says leaning against the wall.

"But.-"

"No buts. Unpack then come to the pit." He says and walks away.

Uriah grabs the bunk beside mine. He pus his bag on top and I put mine on top too. Christina puts her things underneath my bed.

"He expects us to change In front of guys?" She complains taking out her new black clothes.

"It's not that bad." I say and change into black leggings, black tank top, and my combat boots.

I hear whistles from the other side. Uriah shoots a death glare and the whistles stop. I grin and put my hair up in a high ponytail. Christina finally puts her boots on.

"Let's go!" I hear someone yell.

I walk with Christian and Uriah to the pit. When we get there people are already training. Four comes up to us and instructs. He shows us how to properly punch, and kick.

Yeah yeah yeah. When I was little my dad taught us the basics. We each go up to a punching bag and I let everything out.

Even though I'm not mad at anything, I pretend that the bag is someone that I truly hate. I let everything out on it. Four comes behind me.

"Don't stand like that." He says and puts his arms on my waist.

I look back at him surprised.

"You want to stand like this to get more power in your arms." He says adjusting me.

I feel my cheeks get hot and I look away. He softly chuckles and whispers something in my ear.

"Don't hide it. It's cute when you blush." He walks away to another puncher.

I smile and throw a few more punches. We move over to knife throwing. Yay! I love knife throwing. Did that sound weird? Oh well.

Four quickly gives a brief summary of knife throwing. I pick one up and aim right in the middle. I hit the bulls eye.

"How?" Chris asks.

"When I was little my brother and I use to throw knives at People who we didn't like." I say shrugging.

"Oh. That sounds fun." She says raising her eyebrows.

"Kidding. I use to practice all the time when I was 13."

She chuckles and I go back to throwing the knives.

"Stop!" I hear Eric yell.

I look over to see Eric standing in front of Will. (A/N I forgot if it was will or al so I'm just going to go with will).

"Stand in front of the target." Eric says.

"What? Why?" Will asks.

"Go." Eric replies.

"Just because someone stands in front of the target doesn't prove anything." I speak up.

Eyes turn towards me. Eric walks over with that evil grin on his face. Ugh I just want to punch that smirk right off his face.

"Then you go stand." He whispers.

I turn away and walk right up to the target and put my arms behind my back.

"Don't flinch or you're out. Four." Eric says.

I take a deep breath and four throws a knife right beside my leg. He throws another one above my head.

"How about a haircut?" Eric asks.

Four looks at him then throws the knife. I feel a sting on my ear. I touch it to see blood. Uriah looks at four with anger.

"Points for bravery but not as much as you lost for speaking up." Eric says then walks away.

I look at four who looks back at me. Everyone walks away and I go up to him.

"What the heck!?" I ask.

"He wouldn't of released you if I didn't do it."

I roll my eyes and push past him.

"Tris."

I ignore him and walk to the cafe.