Heart's against my chest

Connor's P.O.V

The snapchat lay opened on my phone, the ten second count down slowly going down every second. I had thrown my phone out of my hand as soon as I had seen the photograph. Two boys lip locking in a dimly lit room, the hotel room. The door lay open, Tyler's voice echoing throughout the house as he spoke to everyone. We had finished filming the collab a while ago and Tyler had been interested to meet this new boy in our room so he had left.

Curious as to the new notification that was shining on my phone, I had grabbed for my phone quickly accessing snapchat. The photo lay there, just opened. A peck on the lips hidden by a cheeky smile. I had sat there for a while in shock though soon the pain did hit me, harder than I had imagined it too. It's hard to imagine pain without really feeling it, the lack of trust that soon fades alongside a person. Though the amount of heartache rippling through my chest was something that seemed completely unforgetable.

I lay staring up at the ceiling, my eyes focused on the blinding light coming from the ceiling. The main thing that illuminated the room and left my eyes stinging. My mind had gone blank, my body left in a numb state. A feeling so bizarre and foreign that I couldn't control my body's reaction. And so there I lay.

Minutes passed, hours passed until the sound of feet padding across the floor and the sound of a door closing filled the silence of the room.

" Connor? Are you awake?" A small voice spoke into the air.

" Yeah," I responded, my eyes still focused on the light.

" Are you okay?" The voice responded, small feet walking steps closer towards the side of the bed.

" No," I reply, moving over to my side to stare at him.

Troye.

" Do you want to talk about it?" He asks, his eyes looking directly into mine. The light is hitting his shoulders perfectly, illuminating every inch of his body. Though he looked so calm, so collected. His hair laying upon his forehead, small curls trickling down and tickling his skin.

" Yeah," I reply, gesturing for him to come lay down beside me.

He follows my instructions and lays down beside me, the bed dipping ever so slightly. His breathing becomes more rapid as he lays, a small sigh falling from his mouth.

" I watched him do it, the whole thing. But I didn't want to say anything, not after what happened last time," He spoke sadly. His eyes were staring up at the roof and the cracks that lay upon it. Everything seemed so dim, so boring compared to him.

" It's not your fault, he would've done it anyway," I say, my eyes turning from the ceiling to stare at him.

" But that doesn't mean that I couldn't have prevented him from doing it Con," He looks into my eyes as he speaks, his body turning to face me slowly.

" You know what he is like Troye, he hits people whenever he gets angry and he betrays them whenever things are becoming too boring. He's a dick,"

" Then why are you still with him?,"

The silence fills the air as the question remains unanswered. I don't even know why I bother with Sammy. I don't love him at all, I only love the idea of him, having someone. Though I don't want to spread drama, have Troye become invested in this madness.

" Because I'm all he has got," I reply, my arms moving down towards my sides.

" He seems okay with Joey," Troye glares, his eyes narrowing as he speaks.

"But that doesn't mean he doesn't love me,"

" He cheated on you Connor!"

" He loves me Troye!'

" Not as much as I love you," He speaks, his eyes widening as he does. He seems confused, shocked all in one.

" I wasn't meant to say that, I'm sorry," He blurts out, his eyes training directly back onto the roof again, to the walls, anywhere but my eyes.

" It's fine," I smile, I'm almost happy that he likes me though I'm unsure as of why.

" I'll just get going," He awkwardly says as he goes to stand up from the bed.

" No! Stay with me," I begin. " I need someone to cuddle tonight anyway,"

His eyes look straight into mine, a sense of uncertaintey running through them.

" Okay," He replies, a small smile making it's way onto his face as he makes his way back into the bed.

" Connor, do you think you will ever break up with Sammy?" Troye asks, his body digging it's way deeper into the sheets.

" I'm planning to, I just don't want him to you know, hit me again or something," I reply, my eyes growing tired.

" Yeah, I just don't like the way he hurts you," He says, his arms reaching over to me. I slowly extend my arms and pull him into them.

" If he has an issue with you and us, I don't like him anyway," I giggle, a small smile making it's way onto Troye's face.

" I like this," He smiles, his happiness growing by every passing second.

" Me too,"

" Do you think you and I could ever be a thing?," He shyly asks, his arms squeezing me tighter. His cheeks have gone a slight shade of red.

" I hope so," I grin as butterflies erupt in my stomach.

" I'm tired," I yawn.

" Me too,"

" Snuggles and sleep?," I suggest looking down at the tired boy below me.

" Yeah, but you've got to turn off the light," He giggles before slipping back under the duvet.

Before I got with Sammy, Troye and I would always argue over who had to turn the light off when we slept together. It was a competition to see who could get the coziest because whoever lost would have to turn the light off.

" Why?," I groan, my eyes rolling.

" Because you love me," He giggles, squeezing me before releasing his arms to allow me to turn off the light.

" Fine," I groan before getting out of bed, the cold air instantly hitting my skin. Though the warmth is returned after I turn off the light and sprint into bed.

And there Troye and I remain, arms around eachother, my head resting on his chest, small strokes being placed onto my head.

" Troye?," I ask, trying to see if he is awake or not.

" Yeah Con?,

" This doesn't change, We can act like this whenever around Sammy because as far as I'm concerned, him and I are no longer a thing," I say softly, feeling his hands move quickly through my hair.

" I missed you," He speaks softly.

" I missed you too," I reply before allowing my eyes to close, peace finally overtaking every inch of my body.

And there we remained. 

--------------------------------- 

New Chapter Finally!  A New one will be released in about five minutes! So glad you guys are liking this story. 

Vote, comment and all that stuff! 

~ Jorja