Chapter 12

They were all congregating in the main theater, and they had to fight against the crowds as they moved towards their goal. As they sat there and waited for the others while the theater emptied, there were a few people that nodded to Dana as they passed her, and this time Lizzy and Trisha caught the nods.

"How many people do you know here tonight?" Trisha watched as she nodded to another person.

"I don't know, a few." Dana felt her phone vibrate and ignored it, knowing it was her father, while she watched a buxom blond that was headed right towards her. It was one of Marcus's old girlfriends.

"Dana I was so sorry to hear about the divorce." Her voice sounded sincere, but the look on her face was not.

"I'm sure you were," Dana said, not encouraging the conversation. She could feel Trisha and Lizzy's curious eyes on her.

"I heard that you left him for another man. I'm sure that you got an excellent settlement out of it, especially if Bryce was your lawyer."

"Perhaps, but he still didn't want you back did he." Dana was ashamed as soon as she said it. She should never wish Marcus on anybody, but she thought that this woman might deserve him.

Not having a proper response the woman left.

"Well, who would have guessed that your classy exterior hid an alley cat personality?" Trisha teased.

"Is it possible for you to not make a joke about everything?" Dana spat.

Trisha was taken aback by her vehemence.

As usual with Dana as soon as the anger came, it left. "I'm sorry Trisha, I think I'll go back to the hotel. Will, you let everyone know please?" She didn't want to act happy and carefree while looking at Quinn and knowing that he had lost all interest in her after one night. After all, he had barely said two words to her all evening.

She moved into the aisle and was halfway up it when Mason stopped her.

"Dana!" She turned to see him leaping off the stage and hurrying towards her. He grabbed her in a bear hug and started dancing her back down the aisle. "I am thinking of dinner and dancing." He spun her and then dipped her. "Yowsers, look at those gams will you?" He said in his best 1940 gangster voice.

"Ladies, it is a pleasure to be with three such beautiful women." Mason had turned the charm meter up to high, and Dana could only shake her head. The man needed no encouragement, and Trisha and Lizzy felt the same as they rolled their eyes at him.

Unconcerned by the lack respect he turned back to Dana. "Now tell me, how is everything with you? How is shooting practice going?"

"It's not."

"That's a shame. Have you had a chance to see everyone this evening?" His searching gaze met hers. He wanted to know about Quinn.

"Dana," Cassie called as she led the way down the aisle with the rest of the family following behind her.

"Yes, I have Mason, ex-husband and all." Thankfully their appearance made an explanation impossible, but she knew someone would fill him in later.

"Did you enjoy the show?" Cassie hugged her close. "At least we weren't drunk this time," She whispered in her ear. She pulled back and looked at her closely "Are you alright?"

"Sure, I'm just tired. As much as I would love to spend time with you all, I think I need to go back to the hotel."

Dana watched as a concerned look passed amongst the Stevenses.

"Really, I'm fine. I'll party with you next time, I promise."

"Quinn, please take Dana back to the hotel," Elizabeth ordered.