Chapter 17

It was rare that all three roommates had a night off together, so they had decided to throw a little get together for some of their friends, and the scene was set for another great party.  They rented a small house near the university, and most of their neighbors were friends that helped round out the party so they didn't have to worry about complaints from the neighbors.

Usually, Dana loved these parties, but tonight she was looking to escape, she just wasn't sure where she could go. She had stayed away from the house and Phoenix and Leigh for as long as possible and just as she suspected, as soon as she hit the door they were waiting.

"Why didn't you tell us you knew such good looking cowboys?" Leigh insisted, dragging her into the kitchen.

Phoenix was strangely quiet, and if she weren't so upset about Quinn, she would have noticed that he was acting incredibly out of character.

"I know lots of people, Leigh, from all different walks of life." Dana tried to sound as if it was a non-event.

"But those two!" Leigh sighed, "I had a hard time deciding which was better looking. Don't get me wrong, I love my cowboy, but a girl can look and enjoy the scenery." She was silent for a moment thinking about the two handsome men. "I think I would choose Caleb.  Quinn is just a little too good looking if you know what I mean?"

Phoenix snorted. "There is no such thing as too good looking."

"Yes, there is. I don't want to be beating off other women with a stick on a date."

Dana couldn't help it, despite her day she laughed. "Don't underestimate Caleb; he oozes charisma. He may seem like he's the plain one, but when he turns it on you would be beating them off with a huge stick, but then this is all hypothetical isn't it?"

Leigh nodded and blushed again at the thought. "It is a crime that those three have all those looks it makes it hard on a girl."

"Trust me they're the plain ones in the bunch."

"You mean there are more?" Leigh looked like she was going to explode.

Dana just nodded. "You think Quinn is the most handsome?"

Leigh nodded.

"You have no idea." Dana shook her head as she thought of Bryce, Rainer, and Mason.

"How many are there?" Phoenix asked; he had turned very pale.

"There are three more." Dana had been munching on some chips in a bowl, but pushed it away from her, suddenly not hungry as she thought of all of the Stevenses in mass.

"How do you know them?" Phoenix's cautious gaze was assessing as he watched Dana answer.

"Just some friends I met along the way. Three of the brothers are based out of New York.  She kept it as vague as possible. Deciding she was finished with the Q & A, she turned to leave when Leigh dropped a bombshell.

"Well, maybe the other brothers are in town and will tag along tonight."

Dana paused and turned to look at the Leigh, who was unaware of sudden tense silence in the room. Dana looked a Phoenix, finally aware that something was going on with him as eyes kept shifting towards the exit.

"Oh good you invited them, it will give me a chance to get caught up with them. Are all three going to be able to make it?"

"Yes, and I invited their friend that was with them. I think her name was India, India West. Is she kin to you Phoenix?" Leigh was cutting up veggies for the veggie tray and missed the look that Dana and Phoenix exchanged.