Chapter 10

'Don't fall in love with me.'

The hurt and sad look on Sawyer's face broke my heart. He waved it off, said good night to me and drove off. He didn't even text me.

I am staring at my Macbook, not sure what am I doing. It's been three days since Sawyer actually talked to me. It's either we walk past each other, exchange normal bantering or Sawyer won't show up at all, texting me about coping up in work.

I told dad and mum about cancelling the group session, told them about Garrett and also told them what they did in group session.

Mum then decided to let me cancel it off for good.

It was the loud cutting sound of a scissor snapped me back from my thoughts. I turned back and saw Niall's shocked face and a large chunk of my hair in his hand with a pair of big scissors.

"What the fuck Niall!" I pushed him away and run to the bathroom to check my hair. Niall followed in, his face red from laughing when I snatched the hair from him. When I realized it was just extensions, I groaned and Niall burst out laughing.

"I got you again!" Niall put out a victory sign. I rolled my eyes, "I almost slap you with a knife."

"Violent," He teased and plopped down on my bed, "I'm bored."

"I thought you have practice?"

"Cancelled," He grabbed the note book on my side table and read my bucket list, "Skinny dipping? That is shallow. Sex? EEWW. FALL IN LOVE? EEW!"

I took my book back and slapped it on his head when he did a gagging sound, "Oh, suck it up. I'm a girl. Anyway, how can I find a guy I like to do this with me, without hurting him?"

Niall raised his eyebrow, "I thought you and Wyatt had something."

"We are friends," I said, "If I really do find a guy, I don't want to tell him, 'hey date me, and have sex with someone who's dying.'"

Niall looked at me for a while and he asked, "Are you scared?"

I sighed, tangling my feet under Niall's to seek warm, "Maybe,"

I read through my bucket list and I broke into a smile, "Niall, shall we go to the Wal-Mart?"

xx

After much persuasion, Niall agreed to get his golf cart out for us. We dragged Haley along as my accomplice. I plucked in my iPod into the small portable speaker and Haley groaned, "Are we really going to do this?"

Niall and I exchange glances and Niall began to sing Katy Perry's Fireworks out loud while we drive along the road to Wal-Mart. A lot passer-by looked at us as if we are crazy.

I laughed, singing along too. After a while Haley began joining us.

Once we reached Wal-Mart, I gathered my accomplice, "Alright guys. Let's play dare,"

Haley groaned, "What have I gotten myself into? I'm actually playing dare with two twin pranksters, kill me before I step in."

I rolled my eyes at Haley and said, "Come on, scissors, paper, and stone!"

Niall won the first round. But, winner goes first. I said, "Walk in and shout at the top of your lungs that you have herpes,"

Haley burst out laughing. I shrugged when Niall throw me a death glare. We walked into Wal-Mart and Niall took a deep breath, "I have herpes!"

Everyone turned to us, giving us the disapproving face.

Haley and I burst out laughing. Niall blushed, hurried into Wal-Mart. Haley and I did scissors, paper, stone again. Haley won. She shuddered, "Oh no. Spare me."

Niall hang a shoulder over her and pointed at the coat rack display, "Go in there, when someone is choosing, jump out and shout 'Pick me!'"

Haley groaned, headed towards the rack and hide inside. We ambushed around there and when a couple when to flip through the coat. Haley jumped out and shouted, "Pick me!!"

Niall and I burst out laughing, running to other aisle and sat on the floor, because our sides is hurting. The couple jumped away and Haley quickly hurried to us, flipping the two of us off.

When it was my turn, I put my hands up, "I'm going to do my own way."

Niall complained, "Hey! Not fair!"

"It's in my list," I stated and found a senior staff manager. I run towards him, "Hey mister! A staff wants to me to pass you the message,"

"What message?"

"Code 3?" I looked at him innocently and when his jaw dropped, his eyes widened and looked really terrified. He ran towards a staff room, darting aisle to aisle to look for the 'alien'.

Niall and Haley are each by the entrance, holding their sides when they saw the staff evacuating the patrons. I laughed and saw the manager looking at me and he is running towards me. I think he found out I was pranking him. I screamed, terrified by the idea of a man chasing after me. Niall and Haley hurried out, still laughing as we hop into the golf cart.

By the time we drove off from the Wal-Mart, I stuck my tongue out to the manager and burst out laughing.

Nichole's Bucket List No 7 and 10: Drive a golf-cart to Wal-Mart and do the code 3 pranks.

Checked.

xx

I asked them to drop me off at Sawyer's workplace. I want to talk to him and tell him to stop avoiding me. It's been three days and being out for two hours is draining me.

Even though Niall didn't like the idea, he thought of my limited time, so he agreed and stopped in front of the workshop.

Haley looked around curiously, "Wow, I've heard a few people telling me about this workshop. Their services are good and they fixed things really well."

"Really?" I asked. It was Eli who came out to greet us while Niall went to get himself a drink. He was grinning and Haley gasped beside me and whispered to me, "He's so hot!!"

I rolled my eyes at my best friend and smiled, "Hey Eli is Sawyer in?"

"Yeah, he's talking on the phone. I'm Elijah," Eli said to Haley and the both of them shook hands. Haley blushed, "Haley."

There is something in both of their eyes that I couldn't make up. It felt like something intense and sweet. Sawyer walked out, shirtless again and he smiled when he saw me, "Starbucks again?"

"No," I replied and let Eli and Haley to flirt all they want.

Sawyer raised his eyebrow at the two and looked back at me, "Or Haley needs a fix?"

I shook my head, "Nope, I'm looking for you."

"Me?" He asked warily, "What's up?"

"Why are you avoiding me?"

"I'm not avoiding you, Nichole." Sawyer said and sighed, "I was busy."

"Sure you were. Are you still busy now? Want to hang out?" I asked hopefully.

He ruffled his hair, "I'm sorry Nichole. Next time?"

I let out a frustrated sigh, "Fine, suit you. Haley lets go."

I saw Eli and Haley exchanged numbers. When Haley saw my face, she knew something was wrong. I gave her the 'tell you later' look, hopped onto the golf cart with Niall drinking his green tea and drove off.