Chapter 21

Dear Haley,

We've been best friends for my entire life and I am glad you moved to my town with your family. Thank you for appearing in my life and growing up with me like my own sister. I have always wanted a sister to share my things with, play make up and dress up with. You did everything with me.

Out of so many people, you are the one who know me the best. I even know how many underwear you own if that's not creepy enough.

Haley, you are so prone to heartbreaks and tend to give in to sweet talks. If Eli ever makes you cry or do anything to hurt you, please don't hesitate to break it off. I know Eli is a nice guy but if he ever does anything that make you cry, Sawyer and Niall will kick his ass for me. Make sure to warn Eli that.

Don't cry when I'm gone, make sure everyone are smiling when I'm gone and not mopping around. Okay maybe cry me a river the day when I'm gone but after that, wipe it off and start again. But this time, without me around you, making you laugh.

Remember I will always be around if you need a pair of ears. Just talk to my picture or whatever shit. I don't know. I will be there for you and listen to you. I was hoping to be your kid's godmother but well, life is unfair.

I love you, Haley Brighton. Don't let others bring you down. Like what I told you, stand back up and climb ten times harder. Because this time, I won't be there to pull you up. I am glad you have Eli to go through this tough time with you. Take care of Sawyer and Niall for me, will you? You are the only person I can trust to get them in line.

Your best friend,

Nichole

xx

I am back in hospital for exhaustion. Prom was one week ago and I survived till now. I collapsed this morning when I was up to change my pyjamas. Sawyer was the one who found me in my bathroom, unconscious. He freaked out and he didn't take it well. He thought I was gone and I noticed his eyes were red.

I brushed his sleeping face beside me and sighed.

It suck to have someone you love worried about you all the time and see them cry because of you.

Sawyer has never cry in front of me. He was there for me when I was down and tired. He even requested to follow me for my weekly blood test because he wants to spend every minute with me.

Sawyer stirred and opened his eyes, "Hey,"

"Hey," He stretched himself and yawned, "How are you?"

"Dr Lockwood came in earlier. He got me IV. Dad and mum are on their way. Niall and Haley went downstairs to grab coffee." I said, kissing his lips, "Sorry for the scare this morning,"

He rolled his eyes, gave me a hug, "Don't apologize. I love you, Nichole,"

"I love you too," I said it back. We were interrupted by the knocking on the door. Sawyer stood up and opened the door.

Mrs. Jones walked in with a tired smile and my heart dropped immediately. I grabbed my phone and checked for my daily message. But it was empty.

I felt my heart clenched. No.

"Nichole," Mrs. Jones took a deep breath as I moved myself out of my bed to her and grabbed her for a big hug, "When did it happened?"

"This morning," She sobbed, "When I was about to go to work, he was lying in his bed, just like he wish to."

Sawyer is standing aside, not sure what to do. I didn't cry.

This time, he fell asleep and will never wake up anymore. I went to my bag and took a letter out that was meant for Garrett.

Mrs. Jones nodded, and took the letter, "I will make sure it goes with him when he goes for cremation."

Like what I thought. Garrett planned everything out for his mum so that his mum won't have to go through everything again.

Mrs. Jones left me with Garrett's letter too but I didn't want to open it. I took my phone and read all our previous messages, my heart silently bleeding for him.

Sawyer took my hand and kissed the back of it, "I'm sorry,"

"He was a good friend of mine," I said, putting my face on his hand, "He taught me what I have to know when I was lying here, getting blood tests. He taught me how to be strong and how to cope."

"I'm always jealous of Garrett," Sawyer admitted, looking away from me, "He gets to text you all the time and hangs out all the time with you. He went to see your parents before I do. Man he worked fast. But every day, you filled me in with him; I thought he was a nice guy,"

"He was," I said and I took Sawyer's face in my cold hand, "Promise me, Sawyer,"

He looked at me as if he knows what I'm about to say. He shook his head, "No."

"Sawyer," I looked right into his blue eyes, "I want you to promise me; after graduation, don't look for me anymore,"

Sawyer stood up, shaking his head furiously, "No! For fuck sake, Nichole, I told you I want to go through with you. What the hell is wrong with you?"

I smiled sadly, not offended by his outburst, "I don't want you to see me taking my last breath, Sawyer. Like Garrett. I want you to have the best memories of me and not the awful last moment. Please, Sawyer. I know how tired I am now. It will be me anytime from now and I want you to know I will always love you,"

"Nichole..." Sawyer looked miserable. Not smiling or anything, "Nichole, I love you. Don't leave me, please,"

I wiped my tears away, pulling him to me and I realized he was crying, "I love you too, baby, I really do." He spend the day in the hospital with me, making out and holding me close to him until Niall came to pull him away from me.

xx

Dear Garrett,

Hello my friend, I hope this letter get to you on time. I want to say how much I love you as a friend. Like what you have taught me, say goodbye through letters. It will be better than saying in person.

You have no idea how much you taught me to cope with this shit. You've gone through this more than I do. And I have no idea how you did that. I feel relieved and glad that you are okay every time you texted me.

I was happy to have a text-buddy twenty-four hours who willing to listen to my life story and share yours. I could see the lights dimming in your eyes every time I hang out with you. It kills me to know that you will be gone one day and I will have to live without you and your advices.

You taught me how to see things in different perspective and how to enjoy myself during this tough time. I'm glad you talked through my stubborn head. We should send Josephine a flower or something to thank her for putting us together.

I enjoyed the days with you, Garrett. Never doubt this ever. Goodbye, my friend. See you in the next life and let's become better friends without worrying anything in our life.

Your friend,

Nichole