Chapter 24

Ten years later

"Speak now or forever hold your peace," The man said, with Niall holding his bride's hand. It was then a little boy ran down the aisle and shouted, "Daddy! Daddy!"

It was directed at Niall.

The bride was shocked at the sudden intrusion. Niall waved his hand frantically, speechless and didn't know how to settle the whispers down.

I burst out laughing; holding my sides, carrying a huge bump and Niall landed his eyes on me, "NICHOLE PIERCE!!!!!!!"

I shrugged, stuck my tongue out, "Sorry guys, it's just a prank. Nobody objects, I'm sorry!" I said in between laughter.

Sawyer hides his laughter on my shoulder, his hand on my bump. Wallace's son really did a great job. Harold run back to me with his little cute face and hugged my leg, "Did I do it right?"

I nodded, ruffled his little head, "Yes, Harry, you did great. Go and find your dada first. I will bring your reward to you later."

"I may now pronounce you husband and wife!"

I stood up, clapping and cheering for my brother. He smiled, kissed his wife and walking down the aisle. He narrowed his eyes at me, "Fuck you, Nichole, you are such an ass!"

Amanda laughed and shook her head, "Nice one, Nichole, thank you for the mini heart attack."

I laughed, hugged the both of them, "I'm sorry!"

My husband came behind me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "Let's go say hello to the guests, Nichole, leave your brother and Amanda to change."

Ten years ago, after I thought I was dying, Mrs. Jones came in and demanded to push me into the surgery room to get a bone marrow. I wasn't dying. I was sleeping. The surgery was performed almost immediately and when I woke up, the first person I saw was Sawyer.

He kissed me and said, "Welcome back to life,"

It was the first thing and the best thing that ever happened to me. Why? Because of Garrett. I didn't open his letter until I woke up and found out it was his bone marrow that matched mine.

Sawyer and I got married three years ago after he settled down with a job. Haley is a successful stylist. Eli and Sawyer's workshop are closed down and converted into a bigger and better workshop.

Sawyer went to college in the city and graduated with a law certificate. He's now a well-known lawyer.

For me, I am happily in love and happily enjoying my life. The video I made quickly went viral and hundred and millions of people viewed it. It was a big turn in my life. I was in the newspaper, news and then I was invited to Good Morning America to talk about it.

It was crazy. I did interviews, wrote my story for everyone to read and published my own book. People were writing emails to me, telling me how I inspired them to stay strong and taught them how to see the world in a different way. It's been ten years now and I'm still doing inspirational videos on Youtube.

My god-children; Rye and Wesley, Haley's children are the cutest kids ever. Niall have been teaching them how to do pranks.

My dear brother Niall, he went into entertainment industry as a stand-up comedian. He met this wonderful woman, Amanda during his traveling and now his wife.

Mrs. Jones now living with my parents and I am glad that she actually agreed to move in with my parents; she is family now. All thanks to Garrett who is now a part of me forever.

Without him, Nichole Pierce won't be here, with her best friends, family, husband and my baby. I smiled up to Sawyer, the man I love. I adjusted his tie and slow dance under the lights instead of entertaining the guests.

I am Nichole Pierce, I am Twenty-seven and I'm living my live to the fullest.

xx

To Nichole,

You are a miracle to me. It was a wonderful period, hanging out with you. You came into my life, made me enjoyed the last painful period of my life and choose to hang out with a sick person rather than going out to complete your list. The moment I saw you running out of the hospital, I know you must be in the same boat as me.

I followed you to the garden, sat under a tree while watching you. I was trying to make friend with a girl who is crying her heart out. It was scary but I was glad I did it. I didn't know I would meet you at the stupid group session. We should really thank Josephine for creating that group session and letting us know each other through that.

I don't think you remember I told you about the proper bone marrow I left in me. I was trying to test you. I'm sorry. Because everyone wants a bone marrow so badly, I thought you are trying to be friend me because of my special case. Anyway, I realised you didn't even care about that. You were just so sincere towards everything. So appreciative. So encouraging. So brave. 

I've decided to give you this bone marrow. My mum will settle the procedures after I pass away. I've already instructed her. Throughout this period, I came to realised that if I am unable to continue this life, then I will like you to have a part of me. I want you to continue your life like how we talked about.

Nichole, thank you for being my friend. And I'm sorry I have to say goodbye in this letter. You know how I work. Goodbye Nichole, enjoy the new life.

Your friend,
Garrett

<THE END>