Chapter 18

Dear Mum and Dad,

Mum, please stop crying when I'm gone because by the time you read this letter, I will be happy and satisfied. I am not suffering now.

Dad, thank you for being such an awesome parent to Niall and I. People always say I am a daddy's girl and I'm not ashamed about it. I am really proud to be your daughter.

Niall can be really stubborn at times so please bear with him. I won't be there to kick his ass anymore so I will need you guys to prank him whenever you like because it's the only way to settle him down. I will list down a page full of pranks for you guys to complete it for me; don't show this letter to Niall because that sly fox will try to take my idea.

Anyway, it's been a wonderful seventeen years living with my family. Even though we have arguments at times but bear this in mind, I love you all. Please don't forget me because I will never forget you all. Keep me in your heart; I will be around you guys to enjoy every single moment with my family.

Life will be so boring without a family.

Dad, I would like my body to be cremated because I don't want my body to be eaten by worms. You guys can decide where you all want to get rid of my ashes. I preferred in the sea though. It's so cliché. Anyway, I transferred my college fund into Niall's account. And the money I left in my account are for the both of you to enjoy yourself. Go get a vacation!

I love you daddy and mummy.

With so much love,
Baby Boo

xx

"For god sake, Sawyer! I don't want you to be there when they are doing blood tests!" I snapped after an hour trying to convince Sawyer who insisted coming along for my blood test.

Niall sighed, rubbed his hand over his face, "I'm out of here!"

Sawyer took my hands, "Come on babe, I want to go with you. I didn't get to do it with you last time. Now-"

"There's nothing to see or have fun about, I will be in my ward doing pathetic blood test and getting myself stoned from the medications!"

"I don't care-"

"Screw you! I'm done. Don't follow me!" I yelled at him and headed towards Garrett's house. We agreed to meet together and go for blood tests. When I told Sawyer about it, Sawyer insisted of coming along too. It's so annoying that I can't even go do this bloody blood tests alone now.

Garrett is waiting by his front porch when I reached there, I was out of breath and need a break. Garrett chuckled weakly, "Mum offered us a ride,"

"Joy," I took a deep breath and sat beside him while waiting for Mrs Jones. Garrett raised his eyebrow, "What happened?"

So I relayed everything to him since I never missed any updates about my life to him at all. He smiled, a dimple showing on his cheek. Garrett has a dimple? Wow. I poked his dimple and he slapped my hand off. He looked really sicker than before.

"He cares about you," Garrett stated when we were walking into the hospital. I rolled my eyes and felt my phone buzzed for the tenth time. Garrett chuckled, "It will be really difficult for him by the end of everything,"

I bit my lips and watched Garrett getting his IV up first. The nurses have to be extremely careful because we are really fragile. I sat beside Garrett and the second nurse did mine.

Garrett had a girlfriend before he was diagnosed. He came back from college and broke it off with her so that he can be alone when everything happens. He didn't want anyone to see him dying. And I totally understand that. When my time comes, I don't want anyone to be with me except my family. They are the only one I want to be with when I close my eyes.

Seeing your friends die is not a good sight.

xx

When I got home after that, I was already exhausted.

Sawyer was in my room, reading Deception Point and he sighed, "I texted you about giving you a ride,"

"I saw," I replied and stood there, "I didn't want you to go because it's not a good sight."

Sawyer closed his book and reached for my hand, "Nichole, I told you, I want to go through this with you. All the way,"

"Sawyer," I bit my lips, "It'll be difficult by the end of the day for you."

"I will manage it," He stated, nodding firmly, "Whatever it takes."

"I'm sorry," I apologized, heading into his hug, "For this morning."

xx

I grabbed the magnifying glass and headed out to the pool and double checked that Niall is still sun-bathing. I snickered, putting my finger on my lip to Sawyer who stood beside the door watching me.

I tip-toe to where Niall is sitting and realized he had ear-plugs on. Simple Plan's Paradise was playing. I put the magnifying glass directly under the sun and onto Niall's stomach. This will hurt like a fucking bitch.

A minute later, Niall jumped up when it burns. I laughed running back into the house and shut the door up, stuck my tongue at a pissed off Nialler at the opposite end. He flipped us off then jumped into the pool.

Then, I find myself wiping off a hand full of blood. Sawyer cursed under his breath, shouted for my dad to come downstairs and got me a clean towel.

Dad rushed down and Niall came running in too.

I groaned, "Relax guys!"

"Send her in again!" Niall said, getting a dry top for himself and headed towards the fridge to get ice. Sawyer replaced the towel with the ice and said, "Just stand by the sink,"

Dad rubbed his hand over his face, "Nichole, do you feel dizzy?"

"Every single time, dad," I said in a weird voice with my nose pinched, "I'm okay, I watched how Dr Lockwood stop it that last time, just get me cotton balls, will you?"

I am glad I didn't actually end up going into the hospital again. After half an hour, the bleeding stop and I cleaned up, plopped down on my bed and slept beside Sawyer again.