Chapter 14

Haley cannot stop smiling. She told me that Eli said he likes her and she said it back. She is in her 'In-Love' mode through the whole day in school. When I got home, the first thing I did was to get changed and headed to Garrett's house.

He is alone at home and I suggested a movie marathon so that I can cross it out since the both of us have same movie taste. He looked exhausted today. I bit my lips and headed in; he is watching Avengers, "Hey! How can you start the show without me?"

"Now you are here, shut up and watch." He chuckled and pulled a blanket for me, passing me the popcorn.

Nichole Bucket List No 8: Movie Marathon.

Checked.

xx

We watched five movies together and I'm hungry.

Mrs. Jones is not back home yet so I looked at Garrett, "Hey want to go over my house for dinner? My parents want to meet you."

Garrett hesitated and then he nodded, grabbing his beanie, "Let's go then."

We took our time walking to my house. Dad and mum were elated when they finally meet Garrett. Niall is also excited because I told him Garrett played football once and was a quarterback. The two of them had so much to talk throughout the dinner.

It was when I showed him my room; he told me he felt unwell. I got him to sit down and get him a drink. I called Niall up so that a guy can be here if anything happen to Garrett.

"Dude, do you want me to call your mum?"

Garrett shook his head, "Let me rest for a while,"

I held onto his hand and monitor his pulse. Fast. Too fast. I shook my head at Niall and Niall took his phone out, "We are sending him to the hospital."

I wiped the sweat off Garrett, "Hey stay awake okay? Talk to me." He didn't talk for a while, just staring at the ceiling, as if he is watching a flash back of his life. I thought he was going to leave. My heart broke.

But after a while, Garrett took a deep breath, "I like your family,"

"I like yours too," I forced a smile out and kissed his hand, "Garrett, you are a really good friend. I'm actually glad I went for the group session." Hopefully this was not a good-bye yet, I just want to let Garrett know how important he is too me as well.

He let out a weak chuckle, "I'm glad too,"

Niall came back up and said, "The ambulance is here. I told them to stay put." Niall carried Garrett up effortlessly, proving that Garrett is fragile and light.

I turned to mum and dad, "I have to go with him."

They nodded and Niall said, "I will go with you,"

"Niall, I will stay with Garrett tonight till discharge. I will update you okay?"

Niall nodded and watched me get into the ambulance and stayed with Garrett.

Mrs. Jones came shortly after I settled a ward for Garrett.

She let out a relief sigh and watched her son breathing softly. This is so tough for Mrs. Jones. While she's working, she have to keep her phone on her, just in case anything happen to Garrett, then she have to come home to take care of Garrett after a long day at work.

"He said Garrett is getting weaker and weaker. It will be best if he stayed in the hospital now." I swallowed the threatening acid. One day, it will be me.

"Thank you, Nichole," Mrs. Jones said, "Garrett will want to go home."

That night, I stayed by Garrett and texted Sawyer: In the hospital with Garrett. He wasn't feeling well.

Sawyer called me instead, "What happened?"

"He collapsed," I said, "He was at my house having dinner and hanging out. I'm staying in the hospital with him."

Even though Sawyer said nothing, I could hear his tone before he hang up. He wasn't happy. If only he knows what is going on.