Chapter 2

LIZZIE
"Hey, Lia! Why don't we go for a nice stroll around the neighborhood and I can get to know you a little better?" I suggest when we arrive at home. "Sure!" Lia smiles. We couldn't have picked a more beautiful daughter, I think to myself.

Lia's bright, blue eyes shine like little diamonds. Her long, wavy blonde hair looks amazing. Her smile could light up a room. Her body is perfectly curved, and she's not too skinny or too fat. She's perfect.

We begin walking though the neighborhood. "So, Lia, were you in school at the orphanage?" I ask. "Well, I went to an all girls school before I was at the orphanage. I was homeschooled at the orphanage." Lia tells me. We chat for a bit, and I show Lia around the neighborhood.

Once we finally arrive home, Joel suggests to order a pizza. "Sure!" I say. "I'd love that!" Lia exclaims. Joel grabs his iPhone, and calls Domino's. He orders a large pizza with extra cheese and pepperoni. Once it arrives, we each grab a piece.

We enjoy the cheesy delight while chatting a little more. Lia seems like an absolutely great girl. She's also very beyond her years. It's hard to believe she's only fourteen years old. The other girls we looked at were in between ten and twelve, and we decided a teenager would be best.

"Who's up for having a Netflix marathon?" I ask. "I am!" Lia and Joel both say simultaneously. We decide on watching the SpongeBob movie first. Before we know it, we're all asleep on the couch.
THE NEXT MORNING
LIA
I open my eyes, and expect to see the orphanage. Instead, I see my new, kawaii room. It's painted pastel purple, and the walls are adorned with cute cat pictures, motivational quotes, and I have floral bedding. I remember falling asleep on the couch last night, I think to myself, Lizzie must have moved me.

"Good morning, Lia!" Joel says, coming into my room. "Good morning!" I smile. "Lizzie wants to take you to meet her best friend, Yammy, today. Get ready." Joel says, and leaves my room. I put on a gray tank top, black skinny jeans, and my baby blue Converse on.

I do a quick makeup look, and head downstairs for breakfast. "I made pancakes!" Lizzie says, putting a few on my plate. I enjoy them while chatting with Lizzie and Joel. "Yammy's really nice. You'll love her." says Lizzie.

Lizzie and I go to Yammy's, but Joel stays home. "Hi! You must be Lia!" she smiles. I introduce myself, and soon we're all playing a video game.

Rewritten 4/22/17