Chapter 3

ONE WEEK LATER
LIA
"Wake up, Lia! Wake up! Wake up!" Joel says, throwing pillows at me. I groan, remembering that I have to go to prison, whoops, I mean school, today. Joel tells me to get ready, and leaves my room. Lizzie took me shopping a few days ago, and my dresser and closet are now completely full.

I pull out a Fall Out Boy shirt and a red flannel. I pull open my dresser drawer, and take some black skinny jeans. I get dressed, and do my makeup and brush my hair and teeth. I have a bowl of cereal, and soon we're ready to leave. I grab my brand new messenger bag, and Lizzie drives me to school.

"Have a good day, sweetie!" Lizzie calls out, as I hop out of the car. "You too, Mum!" I yell back.

(A/N: since Lia is British, I have to say Mum. I'm American, so I say Mom.)

I enter the school. "Excuse me, where is this classroom?" I ask a random girl. She looks me up and down, and grabs my schedule. She crumbles it up, and throws it to the ground. She laughs, running away. I pick up my schedule, and somehow find my way to the classroom. A few of the girls in the back snicker as I sit down.
A FEW HOURS LATER
Somehow I've managed to survive the day. We're finally home. Some of the things those girls(I learned their names: Tara, Jessica, and Kayla) said to me replay in my mind.

I don't want to go back to school tomorrow, and it's only going to be my second day.

Rewritten 7/4/17