Chapter 18

Izzy POV

She expected him to drop her hand once she was on her feet, the warm rough feel of it around hers, was too comforting and good for her brain to function with, she felt lightheaded, her stomach dipping pleasantly. When he didn't immediately let go, she glanced around the room, embarrassment and panic flooding her as she realized everyone was staring at their interlocked hands. She was so preoccupied she didn't even notice Rowan leading her towards the door. Her discomfort mounted under the attention, she tried to pull her fingers free, digging her heels in when she noticed they were moving towards the door, of course it did nothing, only earning her a soft growl from Rowan as he glanced over his shoulder at her.

"Do you want me to carry you again." At the threat she shook her head vehemently, stumbling forward. She did not want to be carried again, or at least not in front of all these witnesses, her mind amended. "Okay then. It's called a compromise." His hand giving hers a pointed squeeze, to accompany his words.

Was he mocking her! She felt a blush heat her cheeks, not wanting to test his willingness to standby his threat, she gave in, letting him lead her hand in hand from the crowded office. She could feel the satisfaction and smugness coming from him waves, her mind turned violent, pictures of punching him thankfully replacing the thoughts of the feel of that hand on her skin.

The cool still air of the hallway was a relief to her flushed cheeks, and helped ease her anger. She glanced behind them to see Isaac and Noah following close behind.

Needing something to focus on, she turned back to the twins, trusting in Rowan to guide her safely. "So how does he tell you two apart? You look identical." As the question popped out, she realized how incredibly rude she must have sounded, grimacing she looked at the identical faces to gage their reactions. Thankfully they both shot her twin grins, their eyes lighting up with mischief.

"He thinks he can tell us apart." The one on the right said with a wink.

"That's Isaac." Rowan supplied without turning his head.

Isaac rolled his eyes at Rowan's back. "He never lets us have any fun." He whined to his twin who only shrugged and went back to watching the hall.

"Zac talks more." Rowan continued as they climbed the stairs. "But the easiest way is to remember that Noah isn't as quick."

At Rowan's words the other twin let out a low growl that had Rowan and Isaac laughing.

"One time. He beat me one time." Noah grumbled, throwing a look of daggers at his twin.

"Exactly, and now you can never forget!" Isaac said happily. Catching her confused look, Isaac pointed to his brother's nose. "We were sparring - and someone - forgot to protect our beautiful faces, and then was to sloooww to deflect my awesome jab."

"It was one time! 9 years ago." Noah said rolling his eyes, rubbing at his nose self-consciously.

"Yup and I'm never going to let you forget it." Isaac said. He and Rowan letting out another round of laughter at Noah's grumbles and growls.

"Idiot." Noah said.

"Dumbass."

"Moron."

"Pup."

"Hey! 1 Minute Zac! 1 Freaking minute!"

"Exactly so I'm older."

"By a freaking minute."

"Still older."

"You're ridiculous."

"Your friends are weird." Izzy said still watching the twins argue. Rowan's hand tightened around hers as he guided her down the hall pausing at their closed door.