Chapter 31

Izzy POV

"You know you aren't normal right?" She asked eyeing the line of immaculate black SUV's that pulled up in front of where they waited just outside the hotel entrance the next morning.

"I'm a werewolf Izzy, I'm pretty sure I know I'm not exactly normal." Rowan answered, his hand going to the small of her back as Hayden pulled open a door for her. She smiled in thanks before climbing inside and turning back to Rowan.

She was still reeling from all the revelations and events over the last few days, left off kilter as Rowan's words from the night before repeating in her head. She had been nervous waking up, unsure how she was supposed to act and be around him -  or any of them - now that not only did she know he was a fricking Prince, but also now that he had decided she was his ... hell, it was so preposterous she couldn't even think the words. It's insane! He's insane! She had been lying cocooned in the thick fluffy duvet contemplating the chances of sneaking out of the building when his voice had interrupted her thoughts of escape.

"I know what you're thinking."

She yelped at the sound of his voice from behind her, sitting up she whirled to stare down at where he was lying on the bed beside her. His fingers laced behind his head, ankles crossed – it was just so Rowan that she started to laugh. Her fit of giggles was enough for him to crook an eyebrow at her in concern. Waving it off she eyed him lying on top of the blankets, clothes clean and fresh, his hair a shade darker from still being damp from a shower.

"What happened? And you do not know what I was thinking." She said indignantly, feeling her nose scrunch up in offense at his arrogance.

"Yes I do cupcake, and you can run all you want, but you can't hide."

She felt her cheeks heat at his words and stuck out her tongue at him defiantly.

"Keep doing that and you'll give me ideas." He said, eyes flicking down to her mouth, amusement and something darker shining out at her from his grey eyes. She felt something tighten in her lower stomach as she pulled the blankets closer to her chest, her cheeks heating further, as she shifted her eyes off him, awkwardly unsure where to look or what to say. She was so unsure of herself around him now, she felt clumsy and exposed – something she didn't like one bit. It had all been so easy before. Now ... it's all just confusing.

He let out a low breath obviously sensing her unease, the tension and distress radiating from her. Turning his head he went back to staring at the ceiling, his muscles relaxing with obvious effort. "Nothing's changed Izzy." He said, voice calm but sure.

She snorted, letting herself smile a bit when she caught his lips twitching at the sound. Clearing her voice, she tried to hide her amusement - this wasn't a joke for her. "Everything's changed." She replied seriously.

He sighed again. "Just give it time. Give me time - I'm the same person Iz."

"No you're not the same person! You're some goddamn Prince, who – who decided that I'm – you – we're – ..." She stuttered, trailing off as her hands waved uselessly at the space between them, her mind faltering on the words.

"-mates." Rowan supplied without turning.

"Shut up." She snapped. Grabbing a pillow from behind her and chucking it at his face when he grinned.

Catching it easily as it flew through the air, Izzy cursed his stupidly fast wolf reflexes, pouting out her bottom lip and crossing her arms over her chest as he propped himself up on one elbow facing her. Real mature Izzy, she thought to herself but was unable to help it; to overwhelmed to keep her emotions in check. She knew she was being irrational – but she just couldn't help it.