Wishing You'll Be Mine

Jules and Anna both met because of their fathers. Jules' father, Barry Anderson manages the legal department of Anna's father, Trace Faye, consulting company. They have been friends since they were eight years old. As they grow up something changed it was their feelings for each other. Anna stops playing with Jules and focuses more on her studies, cooking lessons, knitting, gardening etc. while Jules focuses on studies, basketball and books. They only met when there are celebrations.

Barry went to Trace's house to talk about the business. Jules came along with his dad. Barry and Trace were sitting while Jules was looking out the window where Anna is gardening.

Trace: (smiling) Barry, your son got taller. What is he up to?

Barry: (smiling too) He's into basketball and books. Jane(Jules's mom) and I are concerned that he might not meet a woman because he's too mature and serious for his age. He doesn't go out of the house except for basketball. When I told him that I'm going to meet you. He volunteered to come along.

Trace: You know Anna is the reverse of Jules's character. She wanted to do lots of things and she's an outdoor person. We are also worried since she's a woman now. We're always telling her to lessen going outside and stay home instead but she loves doing gardening and volunteering. What do you think Barry to pair your son to my daughter? They know each other since they were kids now that they are young adults they might be good for each other?

Barry: I agree, they might be good for each other. What do you think son?

Barry and Trace looked to Jules for his answer. He's still looking out the window, and then faced his dad and Uncle Trace with a puzzled face, can't answer because he's not paying attention to their conversation.

Jules: Sorry dad, what did you ask?

Barry stand up and walk beside his son and also looked out and he saw Anna gardening. He started laughing.

Barry: I think I know the answer to our question. Trace stand up, looked out and also started laughing.

Jules still doesn't have a clue why they are laughing. They both tap Jules's shoulder.

Trace: Have you greeted Anna? It's been a long time right?. You should stay for dinner.

Barry: Jules can accompany you. I need to go, I'll need to finish more work.

Trace: Ok then I'll see you tomorrow. (shake hands)

At the dining table. Anna's mom, Megan: Hi Jules. (hug him) How are you? you've grown taller. Are you having dinner with us?

Jules: Yes, Mrs. Megan

Megan: Your so polite but you don't need to call me that. Just call me Auntie or Ma (short for mama/mom) Anna's been addressing me as Ma, you should too. (smiling). Anna's mom is Filipino-Korean and a lively person

Chloe: Mom!!

Frank, brother and middle child of Faye's family. Frank loves basketball, playing computer games and volunteering under the influence of her sister. Chloe, the youngest sister also volunteers and loves music and arts.

Chloe: Jules you don't need to call her that.

Frank: Hey brother Jules,(fist bump) what's up? it's been a long time you visit here.

Chloe: Why are you calling him brother? he's not related to our family.

Frank: Well not yet part of our family but soon to be right? (laughing) and because I don't have an older brother. You should call him with respect too.

Chloe: Okay then can I call you Hyung? (Korean term to older brother)

Jules: (smiling) You can call me whatever you want.

Megan: Jules can you call Anna so that we can start eating.

Chloe: I can call Noona (Korean term to older sister)

Jules stand up and said, "I can call her." In the garden. Jules clears his throat. "Hello, Anna. How are you?"

Anna turned around and was surprised that Jules was behind him.

Anna: Jules, why are you here?

Jules: I'm here with my dad, they talked about the company but he went home already.

Anna: Oh you should have called me earlier so that I can greet Uncle Barry. How's Auntie Jane?

Jules: She's doing good. Do you need some help? The dinner is ready, let's go inside.

Anna: Oh sure, but could you give me a hand to carry this flower pot on the other side. Use my gloves so that your hands won't get dirty.

Anna removed her gloves and put them on Jules's hands. Jules did putting the flower pot on the side. Anna helps Jules remove the gloves and tap Jules's arm muscles. They started walking inside.

Anna: Wow! I'm impressed. You grow taller and have muscles too. Looks like you've been busy.

Jules: Well, I'm into basketball this day.

Anna: Really. You should invite me some time to watch your game. I want to watch you play. Since Frank is also into basketball I started loving watching it.

Jules: Frank and I should play together sometime.

Anna: Yes, he will be happy. Frank looks up to you. (smiling)

At the dining table. Chloe: Noona and Hyung you should wash your hands they are filthy.

Anna: Chloe, you starting to watch Korean dramas again.

Chloe just smiles. Anna grab Jules's hand and went to the washroom together to wash their hands.

After dinner.
Jules: Thanks for the dinner.
Megan and Trace: You should come again. Say hello to your mom?
Frank: Let's play basketball next time.
Chloe: Bye Hyung. Anna escorts Jules outside.

Jules: Anna your number is still the same right?

Anna: Yes. But let me change my photo on your phone. She took a new photo and saved it to his phone.

Jules: Are you free this weekend?

Anna: Uhm. Yes on Sunday.

Jules: I'll call you and pick you up.

Anna: Where are we going?

Jules: I don't know yet. Where do you want to go?

Anna: Let's go to church in the morning and we can go wherever you want. What do you think?

Jules: Sure.

Anna: Call me, okay. We need to catch up. (smile) Anna kiss Jules cheek to say goodbye.

(•ө•)♡(•ө•)♡(•ө•)♡(•ө•)♡(•ө•)♡(•ө•)♡

Thank you for reading the first chapter. Hope you continuously read my chapters.☺😊