5

I sat on the bed and I stared at the business card. I looked at the numbers and finally I could it by heart. I swallowed and I felt a certain discomfort. Nevertheless, I tried to be logical. A call to them, what could happen?

It only went out three signals before I heard a deep voice on the other end. I swallowed and I realized that I really did it, although my gut instinct screamed no.

"Hello my Name Is..."

"Sally!"

I become silent. Did he know it was me who called? I swallowed.

"I would..."

"Yes, we've been waiting for you." he said quickly. "You don't say a word. I now know where you are and we will come and get you."

I just stared at the wall. What? So they had a computer that could see where person phoned from? It clicked and I realized that he had completed the call. I didn't know what to feel or think. That didn't went on as expected.

It only took five minutes before there was a knock on my door. I got up with shaky legs. I still hadn't realized what had happened. I walked with shaky legs to the door and opened it. A dark-haired man stood there, with green eyes and pale face, dressed entirely in black. He showed no sign that he was happy or anything, he was just totally numb.

"Follow me."

His voice was dull, dark and intense. I swallowed and I frowned.

"Wait." I got up. I put on my shoes and grabbed me a jacket. I went out and locked the door.

"Where are we going?"

When I would look him again, he was already on his way down the stairs. Okay, he didn't feel like talking? I almost got to run after him. He stopped at the entrance and he held the door for me. He stared at me as if I was the next victim, and I got back that unpleasant feeling. I went through the door and right away I saw a black car waiting. He walked quickly past me and opened the door to the back seat. I chose to be as quiet as he was and I slid in. He closed the door and then sat on the passenger seat up front. Another man drove the car. He was blond and he had a white face. None of them said anything and I sensed that I should be quiet. I looked out the window and we are now left the area I called home.

We left London behind and we went on the road as I didn't know. I suspected that they took me to a strange place and I dreaded the worst, but I was sure that I chose to do a good thing. Maybe I got to meet my friends, and maybe I could get answers to many questions? 

We landed outside a large house, well, it was almost like a castle. Around the house there was a small house, and the whole yard was surrounded by a high wall. Well, a secret society? Maybe they were a cult or something? That fit the description. Everyone was pale and seemed to prefer black clothes. I noted that many women walked around the yard and I saw no man. Okay, a sect who preferred that the man took a lot of women. Yes, my imagination was running. The car stopped beneath the stairs up to the big castle. The man in front of me, with dark hair, jumped out of the car and opened the door for me. I got out and I looked around. I didn't recognize a single person and I realized that I now had to rely on my own mind.

"After you!"

He showed me to go up the stairs. I obeyed and I tried to hide my own fears.

---

He took me into a large salon. There were couches and a large wood stove that almost took up half the wall. All the windows were hidden behind dark curtains and carpets on the floor as prevented m shoes from meeting the cold stone floor. It was like something from the Middle Ages. On the walls hung old paintings of people and it felt almost unreal, that I even was here.