19

Liam stood outside the door, and he smiled at me.

"Okay, I'll show you how we get blood."

I swallowed. I wasn't sure I wanted to see, but at the same time, I wanted to know the truth.

"Those who're to old will die, we drain them completely from blood." he said cheerfully. "And those who'll live, we just take a little blood from them."

I didn't think. I wanted to be as cool as he was. I tried to smile.

"I want to see."

He opened the door. I immediately felt the smell of death. I step into the room. It was dull light and there hung chains everywhere. At one place a man was hanging upside down and under the body was a bucket. On a chair sat a younger guy as they was taking blood from, his arm. In the corner was a dead body. I swallowed and I felt only pity for them.

"This is worse than a slaughterhouse."

Liam smiled.

"How do you want it? That we do it in a more normal way? There's no way that's humane."

I quickly looked at him.

"Why must they die?"

He rolled his eyes.

"Those who die are those who still don't survive."

I went to he as hung upside down. He was dead, and the bucket was filled with blood. I felt the hunger in the body and I felt it was watered in my mouth. Okay, maybe it was me as was sensitive? I knew there was no way as was better than the other to to thig.

"But the room is so cold." I got up. "You can isolate it and give them a more humane death?" I turned to Liam. "In the animal world there are veterinarians, and they do everything so that it shouldn't be painful."

Liam laughed.

"You mean we should treat them like dogs?"

I growled almost at him.

"Yes?" even if it wasn't that way I meant. "Why not?"

Liam came up to me. He smiled cold towards me and it was as if he was testing me. He leaned forward and dipped a finger into the bucket. I watched as he raised his hand and I saw the dripping blood from the finger. He held it up in front of me. I felt the teeth changed and my fangs appeared. Liam smiled big.

"You feel it in your whole body." he whispered hoarsely. "You see blood and you want it."

He took his finger to my lips and I couldn't hold back hunger. I took in his finger between my lips and I sucked, against my will. Liam laughed happily.

"Sally, you're the same monster as we are. Don't come and tell me that this isn't human. We need blood and all our slaves will sooner or later die. It is a path that we can't change."

He took out his finger and he put his head askew.

"We have a need." he continued hoarsely. "We need to live and we need blood. We need sex and we're good as fuck on that."

I swallowed.

"Everything isn't about just those pieces?"

Liam laughed again.

"Well, you must realize that it's exactly that as it all is about. We need to have some things to work and you will never get away from the truth."

I didn't know what to say. He took a step towards me and he put a finger under my chin. He lifted my face to him and he smiled big. I saw the color in his eyes become red and I saw how his fangs appeared.