14

"This is your office!"

I went into the room and Liam followed me behind and I noted quickly that it was quite all right. A large desk, two chairs for visitors and a sofa to relax on. Behind the desk were bookshelves with folders and books. There was a computer on the desk, addressed to me when I sat there. No windows.

"What exactly is it that I'll be working with?"

Liam smiled and he showed me to sit down on my place, behind that desk.

"Helping us with  problems."

I sat down and I looked at him suspiciously.

"Problem?"

He nodded.

"All the vampires will turn to you when they have problems in their countries. Your job is to keep everyone calm, come up with a solution and communicate with them."

I looked down at the computer.

"So I'll answer their mail?"

He laughed a little bit.

"And more..."

I frowned and I looked at him again.

"Please tell me it all in plain language."

He sat down opposite to me and he leaned back in his chair.

"This room is as a transmitter and a receiver." he said quickly. "You can capture with everyone's thoughts and we talk to each other through telepathic ability. You'll learn how it works."

I frowned.

"You mean I..."

He leaned forward and he nodded.

"It's your first exercise, to open up your pretty little head and talk to us through your brain. You can if you want but it needs to be trained."

I looked around the room. I heard nothing more than my own breath.

"The room is isolated!" he continued. "That means you wont be disturbed by noises sounds from outside this room, what happen in the house, and you can totally put yourself in your work."

"But I hear nothing."

He smiled awry.

"I know, I have to leave the room before you start hearing voices."

I looked at him again and I felt uneasy for it all.

"You're serious?"

He nodded with satisfaction.

"Yes, this is the way it works." he said quickly. "You have to learn everything from scratch, and I think this is an important thing as you need to do. You're one of us, and then you have to talk to us on our way."

----

Eleanor came in with a bottle to me. I looked up in surprise at her and she put it right in front of me.

"It's new blood." she said quickly. "Drink it before it gets too old."

I obeyed, and when I swallowed the red liquid, it was as if my body got a lot more energy. I actually preferred a bottle before a person. I was still unused to the idea that I would cut my teeth in a person. I drank it all. Eleanor smiled big and she took the empty bottle.

"Well, that tasted good?"

I blushed.

"Yes, but the idea that it is blood makes me hesitate."