17

I missed Harry and I let it out on everyone. I was that stubborn leader who went around and hated everything. It was like I lost myself and it was as if nothing was funny enough to entertain me.

"That's how it is." Niall explained a little cautiously. "You live forever and you have to find something fun to do."

I sighed and I slid down on the couch in my office. I quickly looked at him.

"How have you managed to live day after day?"

He smiled slightly askew.

"Sally, we live night after night."

I snorted and rolled her eyes.

"You know what I mean?"

He nodded and he sat down next to me.

"What is it that you think is funny?"

What could I say?

"I used to like to work, to be with friends, to teach me things."

Niall seemed to want to help me and he raised his eyebrows.

"Learn more about us then?"

I sighed.

"But the book, your bible, is so difficult to read. I'm on page ten and..."

He interrupted me.

"Start with a simple book?"

I looked at him.

"What book? I have gone through your history and I've read about what happened to you during the Middle Ages."

Niall stood up. He held out his hand and I took it. He helped me up and we went to the library. He picked out a chair for me.

"Sit!"

I sat down. Niall walked over to the bookshelves. He walked along the row of books, before he was right as it was thrust in his hand behind the books. Right as it was opened a trap door and he gave me a quick amused glance.

"We are hiding what's important." he said, and the door was opened fully. He turned around to me. "I think you are ready for this now."

I had big eyes and I followed him. We went into a large dark room. Niall waved with his hand, and immediately lit a lot of candles up around the ceiling, just the right number to view the room's contents. I saw thick books everywhere. They were dusty and I suspected that they had been here for a long time. Niall seemed to like my reaction.

"This is all the secrets." he said with a proud voice. "In here are all the things that only we know about and you can learn more than if you read the Bible."

I swallowed.

"So I can read those books?"

He laughed.

"Yes, you are the leader?" He smiled at me. "Liam didn't know if you should know about everything yet, but I think that now you're ready. All the books stay in here and you can't take them out of the palace. Therefore, I suggest that you find a chair, which is soft and suitable for you and then you spend your time in here, when you're bored."

I went up to one of the books and I lifted it. It felt magical and when I opened the book pounded my heart. So all this was the secret? I think I felt it was more exciting against what it really was, but I liked the feeling.

"Thanks Niall!" I got up. I quickly looked at him. "Thank you that you trust me."

He showed that he was proud that it was he who had brought me here.