"Are you telling the truth?"

**kirstie POV**
Mitch told me Scott wanted to meet him at the park. So I decided to come to. I thought you know while he was talking to Mitch he would feel better and I would come and kind of surprise him. But what I got was a surprise.

"I almost cheated on Kirstie..." Scott said to Mitch and I was hurt all I could say was, "YOU WHAT!?" Both Mitch and Scott quickly turn around. "Kirstie, I-" "Scott, how could you?" "Kirst, he said almost...just sit here and let him explain. Okay?" Mitch said to me. I didn't want to agree but I did anyways. "Ok..." I said looking at my feet.

"This girl there was coming on to me. And she wanted to...you know do more stuff and I said 'no I have a girlfriend' and she just wouldn't give up! I was happy that another camper came along when he did or else I don't know what would've happened." Scott explains. "And that's all that happened?" I ask in kind of a quiet voice. "Yes Kirst, I promise that's all that happened." "Well at least nothing happened." Mitch says. "Are you telling the truth?" I ask. "Yes! Of course, babe! I couldn't lie to you! That would break my heart if I did that." "Then how come you couldn't tell us this before?" "Because I didn't know how you would react. I didn't want to break your heart if you reacted badly." He says looking at me. "Kirst, he seems pretty bad about keeping this from you." Mitch says. "Do you forgive him for keeping this from you?" There's a long pause before I speak up. "Kirst....?" "Yes I forgive you, Scottie. Just don't worry me like that again!" I say to him before giving him a big life squeezing hug. "Yeah! And me too, scooter!" Mitch follows in a hug. "Okay I promise guys but y'all are squeezing me to death!" Scott says as we all laugh.

**Scott POV**
I'm glad I got all of that off my chest. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings like that by keeping it a secret. Or Mitch's feeling. I just didn't know how to tell them. Now we can focus and get through our junior year of high school together!