Chapter 27

I cried all last night . I took a cab back to Liza's apartment.

The one we shared before I got the job. I don't want to go back there ever.

I'm just going to stay here and rot in my bed.

Soon there is a knock on my door.

" Come in." I say hoarsely

" Are you feeling ok?" Liza asks

I shake my head no and I start to cry all over again.

Soon Liza is right next to me.

" It's going to be alright . I'm sure he didn't mean it." Liza says

" It doesn't matter I'm sick of being hurt by people." I say

I push my face into my pillow. Liza gets up to leave shortly afterward.

Liza's P.O.V

My best friend was hurting. And it's all his fault. If only I'd known this job would cause her so much pain I never would've applied her for it.

But I'm just a meddling best friend. It's what I do.

I wish I could reverse the actions so I would be the one going through this and not her. She's been hurt too many times.

I never want my best friend hurt EVER again. We've been through a lot her and me.

My parents were the parents she never had. Her parents didn't want her but mine did. We're practically sisters .

I was always the one to comfort her when she was/ is upset.

I really thought Gerard would be the one to be there for her.

But once again I was wrong. I'm never right . I try to help but it just blows out of proportion .

I've always been that. I've always been a helper when it comes to things.

Anything really . I've always been the one people look to to fix things.

Not that it always works but I can try. I mean it helped a little when Alyssa got that job. She had been happier .

Then Gerard had to ruin it. He specifically promised me not to hurt her.

And what did he do?

He fucking hurt her.

I'm currently sitting in the living room with a bowl of oatmeal watching tv.

And trying to figure out a way to help Alyssa.

Soon the doorbell rings and I go to answer it.

And there stood Gerard and the guys. I quickly start to close the door but Gerard's hand stops it.

" What do you fucking want?" I say

" Liza can I talk to Alyssa?" Gerard asks

"And why would she talk to you?" I ask

" I need to explain." Gerard says

I lean against the doorframe.

" Well then explain." I say

" Can we come in?" Ray asks