Chapter 2

Ahsoka swung her legs over the edge of the chair. She hadn't been able to leave without anyone waking up, although she had managed to sneak out of bed. It was quite awkward, really; Anakin actually snored and refused to let her go, but she had managed eventually. She still wasn't sure how she had gotten in the bed in the first place!

Footsteps sounded down the hallway. They were even and heavier than hers or Anakin's, so she knew Master Kenobi would be coming in. She also knew that adults typically didn't like younglings bouncing off the walls until they ingested some brown or beige fluid that seemed to make them wake up and be happier. It didn't make much since; she had tried it when no one was looking, and it was terribly bitter. Mind you, her cup had been a dark brown, so that could've been the problem.

Kenobi walked into the room, already in Jedi garb, though his hair was out of place and he was still clearly tired. He walked over to a machine, putting in water and some sort of bean before turning it on. Then, he let it make a horrible squelching noise while he grabbed a cup out of a cabinet.

"Good morning, Master Kenobi!" Ahsoka jumped up from the chair, smiling at the master she had successfully startled.

"Oh, good morning, Ahsoka," He smiled, walking over to the youngling. "Is Anakin awake?" Ahsoka shook her head, bright white smile still on her face.

"Nope! He didn't wake up, still sleeping," she chirped, shuffling a small, orange, white marked foot on the ground.

"It's probably best, the poor thing hasn't slept well for a few weeks," Kenobi said quietly, before smiling and turning back to the pot that was now full of the brown liquid. Ahsoka screwed up her nose at it.

"How can you drink that?" He looked down at her from his mug.

"Have you tried it, little one?" Guiltily, she shifted from foot to foot, nodding. Obi-wan laughed, bending down to pat her head.

"It wouldn't be the best thing for you, you'd probably go on a caffeine high. It's called coffee, but there's a more child-friendly drink called hot chocolate. Would you like some?" She nodded, albeit hesitantly, and she looked up, her smile widening.

"You're up, Anakin!" Ahsoka shouted, dashing around the master to the smaller boy on the other side of him. She threw her arms around Anakin's waist (she was only as high as the middle of his abdomen), and buried her face in his stomach. His hands stuck straight out before he yawned and wrapped his arms around her small frame, patting her back. Obi-wan smiled at the two children, busying his hands with heating water. She beamed up at Anakin, coaxing a small smile from him. He bent and picked her up, causing a little squeal to emit from her. Obi-wan looked up, frowning.

"Put her down, Anakin," He scolded, "We don't need to injure her ankle even more." Frowning, Anakin set the togruta girl down, but she stayed right beside him, looking curiously at Obi-wan.

"My ankle's all better," she said, stamping the once injured leg on the ground, but she didn't even wince. The other two Jedi couldn't feel any waves of pain coming from the girl, either.

"Well, it's not surprising. Anakin must have healed it for you," Kenobi smiled, and the children exchanged confused glances.

"I didn't, Master." Anakin said, his nose scrunching in confusion.

"Yes, you did. Even if you didn't know it."

"But.... How?" Obi-wan sighed, handing the two children cups of something warm and brown, which Ahsoka assumed was hot chocolate. He beckoned them over to the low table, and watched as they sat down, matching blue eyes wide in interest.

"You two are bonded, and it's not the kind of bond you and I have, Anakin. It is a signature bond. I suspect you already know that you can sense living things, Ahsoka?" She nodded, lekku swinging slightly. "Well, those little lights are signatures, and yours are bonded. So you share some of your power when you are together, and considering you both have extremely high midi-chlorine counts you will probably be very powerful. That was why you could get the bowl to float yesterday, and why your ankle doesn't hurt anymore, Ahsoka." He explained, and the children nodded.

It was then he noticed the little girl hadn't touched her drink, and Anakin's was downed within a few gulps. Kenobi chuckled, and Ahsoka squinted at the hot chocolate seeming to judge whether or not it would taste like coffee.

"You haven't drunk it yet, Ahsoka?" Anakin asked, thoroughly confused. She sniffed the liquid suspiciously.

"No. It looks too much like coffee." He laughed, grabbing the cup and putting it to her lips. The girl tried to back away, but he wrapped an arm around her waist, keeping her stuck where she was.

"C'mon, just one sip?" Anakin put on a puppy-dog face and let out a whimpering noise. She scrunched up her nose and narrowed her eyes, but let a drip of the liquid enter her mouth. Suddenly, she scooped the cup out of his hands and downed half the sweet liquid, leaving her orange face with a chocolate mustache. Anakin let out a chortle, grabbing a napkin and handing it to her. She stuck her tongue out at him before accepting the article and wiping her face clean of chocolate.

"Good, huh?"

"Fine. It's good, Skyguy."

"Now we're playing the nickname game?" The younger girl ignored him, occupied in getting the last drops of the brown liquid out of the cup. "Then, I'm going to call you Snips." She looked up at him, confused.

"Where did you get Snips from?"

"Your attitude."

0o0

Author's Note:

Well, I guess that sums up chapter two. I thought it was kind of cute... No? Oh, well. I may or may not have a soft spot for these two... ^.^ So, I guess... Comment? Tell me what you think? Vote, maybe? Nah, just tell me what you think! :D

-FlamingStarbird