Chapter 27

Anakin was left stunned on the floor before he stood up and brushed himself off. His eyebrows were creased in confusion as he looked down the hall where the other boy had been. There was no way that the other kid was him. It had seemed that he was looking at a younger version of himself, but that was impossible.

Right?

Anakin shook his head, turning to go walk away from the hallway, but something stopped him.

No, actually. It wasn't that nagging feeling at the back of his head that something was wrong.

It was the boy himself.

Anakin stared at himself. Wait, he wasn't actually staring at himself, because if he looked to the other boy's arm where Anakin and Ahsoka's bond mark should have been, it wasn't there. It was just blank skin, the normal tan that belonged to him.

"Who are you?"

And just like that, the soft demeanor that belonged to the boy when he was with Skynodey was gone. He sneered.

"Definitely better than you, you insolent garbage. My name is Collin, for your information. Oh wait, do I need to define information for you because your brain is too small?" Anakin glared at him a bit, before looking around.

"Oh, I don't know... if you look over there, the mental institute is calling your name. Might be wise to, maybe, pay them a permanent visit? Because your ego seems to big for your force capacity, which, might I say, is rather... small." The other boy's face exploded into rage, and he turned, about to walk off, but he stopped for a moment.

"Just so you know, I know all about your little bond-mate. She is quite the...cutie." With that, the boy sauntered off, his hips swaying just a tad too much.

Anakin's eye twitched. He didn't really know what to think. The poor boy didn't really know what was going on, but he felt a burning desire to punch a hole through that guy's face currently. It was almost as if he was...

Jealous?

He immediately shook it off, turning to go walk back to his room, content with the amount of time he had spent with others.

...

Well, unless their name was Ahsoka.

---

It was late when Anakin got back to the room, but Ahsoka was still up, a training sabre in hand and a little training droid shooting bolts of energy at her. She blocked almost every time, dodging the others, before she turned the droid off and put the sabre away, plopping down on a meditation mat. Conveniently, she had left a water bottle near the mat, and she grabbed it, greedily draining its contents.

Moments later, she heard the door slide open and she smiled.

"Hi Anakin. Whatcha been up to?" She didn't even look over to him, feeling his presence come nearer to hers.

"Not much, 'Soka. Unless seeing some weird, younger version of myself counts." Ahsoka bristled, tensing and freezing up.

"Ahsoka?"

She didn't answer, staring ahead with a glare hard-set on her features. If he looked like Anakin, then that could mean... no. It couldn't. The Clover wouldn't come back, it wasn't possible. But if he was...

"Are you alright, Snips?"

Ahsoka nodded.

"Just promise me you wont go near him, please." Her voice sounded like her four-year-old self again. When her family was leaving.

Flashback

"Momma, where are we going?" A small, orange togruta asked, confused. She was clutching a small tooka doll, her blue eyes showing nothing but innocence.

"'Soka, baby, we're going to go somewhere that we'll be safe, and be able to be free. Doesn't that sound nice?" An elder togruta answered, her voice quivering slightly, even as she tried to not make an unsure noise.

"Momma? Promise me you'll be okay."

The elder looked taken aback as she packed a small bag of things.

"Why would you ask that?"

"I don't know," she twiddled her thumbs a bit, "I just feel like it wont be."

"You'll be fine, baby. It'll all be fine."

Little Ahsoka didn't look so sure.

Flashback End

"Promise me, Anakin." Her voice quivered a bit, but she kept staring.

"Okay, I promise, Ahsoka. What's wrong?" He sat down next to her, one arm wrapping around her soothingly. Ahsoka shook her head, tears filling her eyes slightly, but she refused to let them fall.

"I-It's nothing, Skyguy. I'll be okay."

---

Dun dun dun!

Okay, It's been about a month. I think I've taken a long enough break.

This wraps up our little series, because frankly, I'm bored of writing it, and I want to have them be OLDER! So, ladies and gentlemen, welcome our resident Master Skywalker and Padawan Tano!

Ahsoka: Hi?

Anakin: Hi.

Isn't that nice? They're all grown up, and now we can move on a bit! *claps hands*

Anakin: Have you been stalking us? Because it seems like you know our life story!

Ahsoka: I doubt it. I mean, I'm not that interesting.

Anakin: I am!

Ahsoka: *glares*

Anakin: *sticks tongue out*

Alright, you two, cut it out. You'll have plenty of time to argue later.

Comment? Read?

-Flaming Starbird