Chapter 14

Anakin raced out of the bushes, spying the tangerine skin of his bond-mate, before he realized something. The color had disappeared from his vision, and he could no longer see her. Frowning, he turned around, trying to spot her, but only succeeding in running into someone.

"Sorry, Master Koon!" The kel-dor simply laughed, looking down slightly at the padawan.

"It's alright, Skywalker," he said, "What are you doing out here?"

"Trying to find Ahsoka," Anakin grumbled, crossing his arms. Plo-Koon laughed again, before nodding off in an eastward direction.

"She just went that way, trying to find you." The padawan blushed in embarrassment, thanking the master and walking off in the given direction. Suddenly, all Anakin could feel was pain, as if he had stuck his finger in a power cell. Black spots started to dance across the Chosen One's vision as he fell to the ground, the far-off sense that something was very wrong nagging at the back of his tired mind. He was too out of it to care, and as he sunk into the black abyss, he was faintly aware of a voice filling his brain.

"Sleep well, Snips."

"HELP ME, ANAKIN!"

0o0

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Shut up.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Wait-

"Glad to see you're awake, Anakin," a voice filled his ears as Anakin was jerked back to the present. He looked around quickly, recognizing the space he was currently inhabiting as the Halls of Healing. Already he had made many trips to the white-walled place, and he cringed, thinking of what he must have done.

Actually, he couldn't remember what he had done, or even what had happened.

Anakin turned his head to the right to see his master sitting in a chair, smiling slightly at him. The boy barely was able to return it, before he asked the obvious question.

"What happened?" His voice was scratchy, and Anakin wondered how long he had been out.

"I don't know. I was coming to find you, and when I do, you are passed out on the ground. You stayed out for about two days." Obi-wan calmly explained, but Anakin shot straight up, all of his memories coming back.

The shock.

The pain.

The voices.

Ahsoka.

"Master, is Ahsoka okay?" Kenobi resembled a youngling caught with their hand in the cookie jar, and Anakin knew the answer.

"She's not, is she?"

"No. No one knows where she is."

That was worse than what Anakin expected, and as he felt for the happy, soft, warmth that was Ahsoka, he realized it was true. Where there used to be warmth, was nothing more than an empty, cold space, as if she had been thrown out an airlock and sucked off into the unknown. He felt his heart ache, wishing she were still in the temple.

Wherever she was, he hoped she was safe.

0o0

Ahsoka awoke with a start, sitting upright within a second. She didn't know where she was. It was pitch dark, and everything around her was unfamiliar. Metal floor, metal bench, metal walls, metal ceiling, metal, metal, metal everything! Except for the wall furthest away from her. That was an energy wall. She looked around, and immediately tried to see if Anakin was with her. He wasn't, and she tried to feel through the force-

-and was shocked. Ahsoka stopped trying to reach the force after being shocked about ten times, and she came to the conclusion that she had several force-suppressing items on her. It did not make a happy camper- granted, she wasn't camping, nor was she happy, because she didn't know what was going on or where she was.

Ahsoka quickly figured out that she was going insane.

Otherwise, she was just locked in her brain, because since she was in a cell, she wasn't supposed to be happy. She was locked up for force's sake!

The sound of the power shield turning off caused her to look up. A cloaked figure stood in the space where she shield had once been, and Ahsoka was positive she already knew who it was.

Little Mini-Clone Anakin.

She scowled looking at him, knowing that he had ill intentions, and was in no way safe- he was the reason she was locked up! He had a cloak on, masking his features, which, she was sure, were set in a permanent scowl or evil smile. Ahsoka felt a growl rising in her throat as the figure stepped closer to her. Her species had a habit of growling at people getting in their personal space bubble unless the person was close enough to the togrutan in question.

"Comfortable, Snips?"

Ahsoka just glared at him.

"Wow, so happy to see your bond-mate, huh?" He asked coyly, pulling his hood off. The girl mentally shook her head; he looked way too much like Anakin.

"You are not Anakin!" She ground out, her sharp teeth clenched together. The look-alike laughed sickly, before bending down to her level.

"You're right. I'm not Anakin. Just his clo-" Ahsoka slapped him across the face, and he stumbled backward a bit. Instead of a smirk, his face was now adorned in a hard-set glare, and the nine-year-old mentally danced around in victory. She was happy to have been able to wipe the stupid smirk off his face.

"You little-" He stopped himself, realizing it probably wasn't a good idea to swear in front of a nine-year-old, or she'd start cursing right back at him. "As I was saying, I'm Skywalker's Clo-"

"Clover? That's nice." The 'clover' deadpanned at the girl. And the real Anakin was supposed to be close to this girl? Seriously?

"No, I'm his clo-"

"Clown? You're sure acting like one."

"NO! CLO-"

"Cloud?"

"CLONE!" Ahsoka felt her cheek start stinging. He slapped her. Hard. Well, at least she knew why this person looked so much like Anakin. They must have somehow replicated his genes or something.

"How?"

"How? How? How?  You see, when the silly, naive boy went to get his blood drawn to check the midiclorines, we took some of it. And now? Can you see a difference?" He was smirking again. Oh how Ahsoka wanted to slap it off his face again. Or maybe burn him in a reactor. Or throw him out an airlock.

And really; he looked a little young to be Anakin.

"Yeah. You don't have the same color skin. He's really tan right now-"

"REALLY? I'm the exact duplicate of Anakin. When they come to get you back, we'll capture Anakin and I'll take his place, and you two will be forever stuck here, until you die."

With that, the clone left the cell, pulling the power shield back up.

His words echoed in her mind for all of the restless night.

You two will be stuck here forever, until you die.

0o0

TADA! Hey, guess what? It's NOT Sunday! It's only Wednesday and I have an update for you people! :D

By the way, I wanted to thank you all for reading and commenting! All of your comments really make my day! :)

-Flaming Starbird