Story 1 Part 1: A Team

Capture the Flag: 2Fort
•••
"Yo Doc! C'mere for a sec!" Scout yelled from across the map, while running in place.

"I am very busy!" Medic called back. Scout rolled his eyes. He ran closer to the man in the coat.

"It'll be supa quick! Just heal me for a sec!" Scout yelled louder. Medic stopped shooting his gun and sighed.

"Zis better be vorth it," Medic mumbled to himself. He turned around and started healing the hyper Scout.

"Haha alright! Check this out! Y'see that Blu Pyro? Imma take him out!" Scout pointed to a Pyro heading towards their base. Medic could also see a Blu Heavy trotting behind the pyro.

"Vait, no! Zis won't-" Medic started, but the Red Scout already took a swig of his Bonk! and was out of there.

"Doc! C'mon!" Scout yelled, all while getting shot at. Everything became slow motion to Scout. He could see all the bullets slowly raging towards him, and he was able to dodge them all. The Pyro's flames swished by his cap, and brushed by his feet. Scout was too quick for anything... Including his Medic.

"Vhere are you going??" Medic called out to Scout, who ran past everyone in a flash. The doctor was left with the Pyro and Heavy. Heavy let out a hearty laugh, raising up his weapon, and Pyro began running towards the Medic.

"Dummkopfs..." Medic muttered under his breath. As the Blu Pyro was about to set off his flamethrower, Medic leaped into the water. He was much quicker than the Heavy, and Pyro was caught off guard. It wasn't long before the two got sniped.

"Thanks for standin' still, wankers!" Sniper taunted. He gave Medic a reassuring nod.

There were only about five minutes left before ceasefire, and the Red team still hasn't captured the Blu team's Intel. Medic swam his way through the sewers and was inside the Blu base. There, he saw his own teammate: Demoman. He was busy placing sticky bombs near the entrance.

"Hahahahhh! This'll teach 'em!" Demoman then started to chug a bottle of whatever the heck he had on him. Medic decided to leave him be. Who he really wanted to find was Scout, the asshole who left him.

Meanwhile, in the Blu Intel area, a Red Pyro was waiting for the coast to be clear. There was a Level 3 Sentry down there, and an engineer, who was relaxing. Scout saw Pyro and caught up to him. Scout had no idea that there was a Sentry there.

"Yo, Mumbles!" Scout whispered to Pyro, "I'm goin' in!" He cocked his Scattergun and started to run. Pyro quickly grabbed Scout by the collar.

"Mmph Mph!" Pyro said to him.

"Hey let go! I'll sock ya!" The boy struggled. Pyro lifted his finger up to his mouth as a sign to be quiet.

"Speak clearly, please," Scout smirked, knowing that Pyro always sounds muffled when he speaks. The pyromaniac set the boy down.

"Mmph... Mph!" He motioned to the Intel room.

"I have a nice head?" Scout guessed. Pyro shook his head.

"Mmph mph!" He mumbled again.

"I'm gonna be dead?" Scout guessed in a more amused way.

"Oh you vill be soon, Scout!" An angry looking Medic was heading towards them. Scout's eyes widened, remembering what happened.

"Oh hell no," Scout darted away from Medic, and into the Intel room. Pyro worriedly motioned for Scout to come back, but it was too late.

The beeping sound of a sentry locked onto Scout.

"Ohh! You were sayin 'Sentry Ahead!'... That makes more sense..."

Medic and Pyro stood back as they watched Scout be blown to bits. Medic face palmed as the announcer called a winner.

---

"Ahem. May I ask just one thing..." Spy lit a cigarette, "What the hell happened? How could we have lost to the Blu team?"

All of them shifted, unable to give Spy a straight answer.

"Ah blew them into bits! Ah did my part!" Demoman quickly said, while slamming a beer bottle on the table. Engineer leaned back in his chair.

"Maybe you should ask the offense on this team," Engineer said. Spy glared at everyone.

"Yo, don't look at me! I'm a victim!" Scout commented, while wrapping a bandage around his head. He leaned in and whispered, "I would question the pyro over there, HE was the closest to the Intel but didn't grab it."

Pyro shot his head up and gave an offended mumble. Heavy patted his shoulder.

"Oh please. It'z not zhe Pyro's fault! You left me alone!" Medic pointed out. Scout started chuckling.

"Uh yeah? That was hilarious."

"Enough! I do not care who did what! We still lost! We are supposed to be a team!" Spy scolded. The mercenaries slouched. The spy blew a puff of smoke. "Tomorrow we have another match. I want to challenge you all to work together... Or else I'll kill you all!... Good day, gentlemen." And with that, Spy made his exit.

"Tch... Since when did he get like that?" Scout scoffed. Engineer stood up.

"No no, he's right. Y'all better listen to 'em."

"Tomorrow I will kill everyone with my whip!!" Soldier yelled out excitedly.

"Good to hear," Medic patted Soldier's back. "Ve all better give it our best."

Everyone nodded in agreement. Scout shrugged.