Story 2 Part 2: Balloonicorn

"Everyone! I've got a solution!" Medic bursted into the room, but it was awkwardly silent.

"Hey there, Doc! Good to see ya, right?" Scout quickly made his way towards him.

"Right...did I miss zomething?" Medic glanced at Pyro, who was watching Scout's every move.

"Uh... Nah. It's nuthin'! Anyways what were ya sayin?" Scout wrapped his arm around Medic's shoulder.

"Vell I vas saying zhat I've found a solution to zhe problem!" Medic swatted away Scout's arm. Pyro sat up.

"What do you suggest?" Spy asked.

"Come come. Follow me."

Pyro mumbled something to everyone and motioned to follow Medic. Scout tucked his hands in his pockets and slouched.

---

"Is everyone here?" Medic looked around.

"Almost," Sniper answered. Medic shrugged.

"Ah vell. Let's get started anyvay! Now, I need one volunteer!" He widely grinned. No one moved. Scout began whistling.

"Scout! Danke for volunteering," Medic said and ushered the boy towards a chair.

"Woah hang on! Why do I hafta do this?" Scout stopped in his tracks.

"Just go," Spy commanded. Pyro grew impatient.

"Fine! Fine... babies," Scout mumbled. He took off his cap and earpiece.

"Now I vill ask you questions about zhis morning. You must answer honestly," Medic explained. Scout gave a long sigh. There were a few scattered chuckles amongst the men.

"Okay. Vhat vere you doing zhis morning?" The doctor asked.

"Easy. I was lifting some w-"

"Liar!" Medic accused. The other mercenaries stepped back in confusion. The contraption that Scout was attached to began to make a beeping sound. Pyro tilted his head.

"Whaddya mean 'liar'?! I told the truth!" Scout argued.

"Lying again. You see, zhis is a Lying detector. It can detect any lie zhat comes out of your mouth." Medic leaned in.

"... Oh so you all actually think that I would steal his Balloonicorn?! As if!" Scout cried. Spy had already taken out a cigarette.

"So then tell us all what you were doing this morning," he sneered. All the men turned towards Scout.

"Alright! Ugh...... I was pretending that a training dummy was Miss Pauling and I was trying out some new pick up lines," Scout confessed. There was nothing but the sound of machines clicking.

"... Oh wow you're serious," Medic cackled. The group of mercenaries roared into laughter. Even Pyro couldn't stay serious.

"Alright alright, you all can go to hell!" Scout grit his teeth. The laughter was soon ceased by Engineer slamming the door open.

"Hey! Guys! Ya'll never guess what I found!"

Pyro perked up.

Of course, Engineer pulled out the missing Balloonicorn. Immediately, the pyromaniac jumped up and rushed towards the engineer. He threw his arms around his hard-helmeted friend, and snatched up his Balloonicorn.

Scout sat in his chair in awe.

"Are you friggin' kidding me? What the hell did I have to do this for, then?" He lifted up his arms that had wires attached to the Lying Detector.

"You're telling me! I worked forever on zhis thing. Alright, Demoman, you can blow it to bits now," Medic huffed. In a flash, Scout yanked the wires from him, and ran to the opposite side of the room.

Meanwhile, Pyro kept gawking at his found Balloonicorn. Spy crept close to the engineer.

"So where did you find that thing?" He asked in a puff of smoke. Engineer leaned in.

"I didn't find it. I made it. Don't tell him, though," he whispered. Impressed with the situation, Spy nodded his head.