Story 3 Part 2: The Kitten

"Aww look at little Sydney sleeping!" Heavy watched the small cat. Pyro clasped his hands together. Sniper glanced over at the two mercenaries.

"Come on you two! We've got a match! No toime to worry about that pest," he reminded them. The sniper adjusted his hat, and loaded his rifle.

After giving their new friend a little pet, the men were in battle-ready stances.

"That's more loike it," He sneered at them. Scout jogged in place.

"It's like that cat is givin' me energy! I'll win for it!" The boy smiled. Spy rolled his eyes.

"Yes well, we should win whether it's for that cat or not. Do not forget your mission."

The announcer then started the round.

---

Sniper set up at his usual post. The 2Fort balcony was always perfect, and he had extraordinary aiming skills. He could see the Sniper on the opposite side, too!

"This is gonna be a real piece of piss, you bloody fruit shop owners," he whispered. He had aimed just right, and fired. Headshot.

When he looked downwards, Sniper could see his friends parading about. Medic followed the pyro, and Soldier was with them. It looked like they were winning so far.

Just then, a bullet flew by the sniper's head. Sniper grunted, and held up his gun. The scout that was shooting at him was soon taken out.

"Mew."

Sniper immediately turned his head.

"Oh no ya don't. You're not gonna get killed under moi supervision!" He grabbed the kitten by the scruff and walked to resupply.

Meanwhile, Medic was looking for someone to heal. He decided to head to the balcony.

"... Vhere is zhe Sniper?"

After a moment of silence, Medic was back stabbed by a Blu Spy. The doctor let out a cry in pain.

---

"Listen to me ya little ankle biter. I have a job to do, and you are not going to get in moi way," Sniper plopped the fluffy kitten down on the bench.

At that moment, Medic had respawned.

"Oh, so zhis is vhere you have been," Medic acknowledged. Sniper quickly stood up straight.

"Whot are ya? Soft in the head? Look mate, I just came to drop off this... this rodent. Understand? It's gettin' in moi way," he confirmed.

The sniper quickly left the room. Medic reached over and gave the little creature a pet.

"I zhink you're getting to him, no?" He let out a cackle. The mercenary left to catch up with Heavy, and the cat sat up straight. It leaped off the bench and made its way out again.

---

"Oh thank you Doctor," Spy sheepishly said. He was disguised as an enemy Spy, and the Blu medic was healing him. That poor medic made the mistake of walking in front of the Red Spy. He was stabbed. The spy chortled.

As he was making his way to the sewers, he could hear the faintest "mew" sound. He looked and saw Sydney... The cat.

"No... Go away! Shoo!" He whispered to it. Spy definitely didn't want to watch after it. He was busy doing his work, and he was on a roll. He also didn't want to be responsible if it got hurt.

---

There was a tap on Sniper's left shoulder. He immediately turned around, holding up his Tribalman's Shiv. It was Spy.

"I nearly sliced ya to death!" Sniper loudly whispered. Without a word, Spy held up the kitten.

"You dropped something. You're lucky I protected it from a Pyro. He killed me, but this thing lived," Spy dropped the cat in Sniper's arms. "Au revoir!"

Sydney purred like a motorboat. Frustrated, Sniper walked back to the resupply. There, he saw Engineer gathering some metal for a teleporter. The sniper shoved the cat in the engineer's arms.

"Wotch it, aight? It's not my responsibility!"

Engineer stood there for a moment, and then shrugged. He gently set the critter down and it followed him.

His sentry was at work. Nobody could get past his defense. Sydney suddenly started walking in front of the sentry gun. Engineer saw this, and quickly grabbed it back.

"No no! You have to stay behind the dangerous gun, you hear?" He set it down again. The cat repeated the process. "Aw hell," he mumbled. He snatched the cat back up, and quickly gave it to whoever just came out of resupply.

It was Pyro.

"Mmphmph?" He questioned the Engineer, but he was too busy fixing his sentry.

Pyro stared at the cat in his hands. It licked his mask, making Pyro squeal a bit. Soldier happened to be walking by, and saw Sydney.

"Hey what is that DOING here? It should be in battle position!" Soldier attempted to grab the cat, but Pyro turned away quickly.

"Mmhmmph mmh!" The pyro grumbled at Soldier.

Demoman accidentally ran into the two, knocking the kitten out of Pyro's hands.

"Oh sorry! I am just... just a wee bit... drunk, possibly," The demolitionist slurred. Pyro jumped up quickly and looked around for Sydney.

"Ahem! Lookin' for dis?" Scout had the cat clawed onto his back. "He'll be my battle buddy!" The boy nodded his head at the men, and headed to the balcony.

Sniper was still at his post, and looked over at Scout. The other mercenaries were following Scout.

"Ya ready, Tiger?" Scout looked on his back at the kitten. Right when Scout was about to jump, he felt a tug on his back.

Sniper yanked Syndey off of him, and pushed Scout forward.

"Woah-ahhhh!!" Scout landed swiftly on his feet, but shot Sniper a glare. The other men that caught up to Scout, watched in complete silence.

Sniper was shocked by his own actions.