Story 8 Part 2: Mann Co. (Mann)datory Vacation

"We are here," Heavy announced. The van made an abrupt stop, knocking a few men forward.

"Ugh. FINALLY!" Scout climbed over Medic hopped out of the car. The other mercenaries filed out of the van as well.

"Woo-wee. I'm actually kinda excited!" Engineer smiled. Then he froze for a moment. "Oh uh... I forgot to tell y'all: you probably should leave your guns in the van here. They probably won't let us in if we're wearin this stuff." He pointed to their bullets and giant guns.

"You want me to leave Sasha?" Heavy set the minigun in the back of the van.

"I'm keeping my knife," Spy stated.

"Mmmphmm," Pyro mumbled, secretly stuffing his lighter in one of his pockets.

Sniper tucked away his machete. He was definitely keeping that.

The rest of the men put their guns in the car, but kept their melee weapons. They took off their bullet straps.

"Make sure the van is locked," Spy sharply looked at Heavy.

"Of course."

---

"Look there's the entrance," Engineer pointed. The mercenaries followed.

"We better not have a tour guide or somethin. I don't wanna deal with that crap," Scout sighed.

"Nah. We just wander the trail on our own!" Engineer told him. A few of the men sighed in relief.

They all continued walking, until they made it to the entrance.

"Vell... Here it is," Medic observed.

"Mph mhmm!!" Pyro clapped his hands together. He was actually pretty excited for this. He just enjoys hanging out with everyone.

Soldier pushed his way to the front of the group.

"Alright men!! I'll lead the way!" He yelled. Spy then grabbed Engineer's shoulder.

"Please lead with him," Spy whispered to him. Engineer nodded.

"Don't get us lost, alright? That would really suck," Scout teased.

"Don't vorry if ve ever get lost, just group up around Heavy!" Medic smiled. Heavy stared at him for a moment, but shrugged it off. He actually is big enough for everyone to see.

"Alright this way!!" Soldier pointed.

"Right. And make sure we stay on the trail, or else we actually will get lost.." Engineer hesitantly chuckled.

"It's quite nice I guess," Sniper mumbled.

Pyro picked up a nearby turtle. He held it to Engi's face.

"Oh uh.. That's nice, Py! You might want to put it back though. He could be looking for his family!" Engineer smiled at him. Pyro mumbled something and put it down.

The men walked silently for a while. All the sounds that could be heard was the chirping of birds, the wind rustling the leaves, and their footsteps padding on the dirt.

Suddenly Soldier broke the silence.

"Look! Water!!" He pointed and ran.

"W-Wait Soldier! You're getting off the trail!" Engineer followed him. The men ran to him as well, hoping that they wouldn't lose sight of the pathway.